"Unneedingly" pulled the Air Filter today. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Unneedingly" pulled the Air Filter today.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Well and the new filter is in and no broken tabs !!!

1 1/2 hours tear down and 1 hour reassembly. I realized the hard part of the tear down is figuring out the removal of each panel. Once you have it apart you see how easy it is to put back. And this coming from a tear down one day and reassemble a day later.

I am not overly happy with the filter I put in. I did not look at the filter when I first picked it up at the dealer because while standing at the parts counter the service manager and I were talking new GoldWings so I just grabbed the bag and left. This morning when I restarted the job I saw the parts man gave me a cleanable pre oiled filter. I DO NOT care for them as they hold more DRY dirt particles in the filter oil and do not allow the DRY dirt particles to be carried out of the air box as designed to do. Also if I go through all the work to pull the filter I don't care to clean and reuse. BUT that is just me and I know there are many here that are just opposite of my thinking. Both ways of thinking have their plus and minus.

Just to reiterated, I am not putting down reusable filters and nor do I think they are inferior. Although I did install the filter I just would have rather had a stock filter for this job.

Let me ask you a question. I noticed from your initial pic's of your disassembled bike, that you seemed to be able to completely remove the glove box portion that the three electrical connectors plug into (from the front). When I tore my bike down, I could not get that damned connector on the right to disconnect. What is the trick to get that one to disconnect?

See my post # 28 on thread: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...ight=connector

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Very Clean

My shop is very slow these past couple weeks with no snow for repairs so I figure it would be a good time to ride in work swap out the Air Filter seeing I'm at 26,000mi. Just over an hour and a half to tear it down and have the Filter in hand. The Filter had very little debris and no distortion, could have easily gone to 40,000 but you never know until you have it open to see.
    Now I have to wait until tomorrow for the reassembly because I thought I had the new Filter here at the shop.
    Wow, that looks much cleaner that I would have expected. I've read that these filters can last as much as 50K miles without any significant airflow restriction. I thought that seemed pretty high, but now I'm inclined to believe it.

kennyU,,Dual Hywy pegs

My shop is very slow these past couple weeks with no snow for repairs so I figure it would be a good time to ride in work swap out the Air Filter seeing I'm at 26,000mi. Just over an hour and a half to tear it down and have the Filter in hand. The Filter had very little debris and no distortion, could have easily gone to 40,000 but you never know until you have it open to see.
    Now I have to wait until tomorrow for the reassembly because I thought I had the new Filter here at the shop.
    I two have Dual HyWy Pegs,, ONE set is the AREO Pegs By Rivco, on the valve covers,,and the second SET are fold-outs, that are mounted UP-HIGH on the crash bar, they are for long trips and stretching the legs-out,,I also ride with the HEELS on the areo pegs, and the toes on the fold-outs,,
    GooDaY Mates,,
    KennyU

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Let me ask you a question. I noticed from your initial pic's of your disassembled bike, that you seemed to be able to completely remove the glove box portion that the three electrical connectors plug into (from the front). When I tore my bike down, I could not get that damned connector on the right to disconnect. What is the trick to get that one to disconnect?
    See my post # 28 on thread: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...ight=connector
    I have an angled Hemostat that works well for those clips. I also found that I have to push the connector in first before trying to unclip the locking tab. I hope this helps because I know some of these connectors are a real pain to get apart.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Saddlebags

It seems you know how to take the bike apart. Do you know what's involved with, or how to remove the saddlebags? Is it a big hassle?
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
    It seems you know how to take the bike apart. Do you know what's involved with, or how to remove the saddlebags? Is it a big hassle?
    Thanks in advance
    Sorry, I have not needed to pull the Bags off yet.

I have an angled Hemostat that works well for those clips. I also found that I have to push the connector in first before trying to unclip the locking tab. I hope this helps because I know some of these connectors are a real pain to get apart.
    The issue I had with that third connector; is that I simply could not see nor feel; the locking tab for it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I had mine changed at 30k and it was about as clean as yours! Oh well, changing radiator fluid next.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

There must be good gremlins hiding here.

Too friggin funny,,,
    Thanks for the edit from "Wasted my time" to "Unneedingly". That put a huge smile on my face this morning when I saw it !!!!