Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
Well and the new filter is in and no broken tabs !!!

1 1/2 hours tear down and 1 hour reassembly. I realized the hard part of the tear down is figuring out the removal of each panel. Once you have it apart you see how easy it is to put back. And this coming from a tear down one day and reassemble a day later.

I am not overly happy with the filter I put in. I did not look at the filter when I first picked it up at the dealer because while standing at the parts counter the service manager and I were talking new GoldWings so I just grabbed the bag and left. This morning when I restarted the job I saw the parts man gave me a cleanable pre oiled filter. I DO NOT care for them as they hold more DRY dirt particles in the filter oil and do not allow the DRY dirt particles to be carried out of the air box as designed to do. Also if I go through all the work to pull the filter I don't care to clean and reuse. BUT that is just me and I know there are many here that are just opposite of my thinking. Both ways of thinking have their plus and minus.

Just to reiterated, I am not putting down reusable filters and nor do I think they are inferior. Although I did install the filter I just would have rather had a stock filter for this job.

Let me ask you a question. I noticed from your initial pic's of your disassembled bike, that you seemed to be able to completely remove the glove box portion that the three electrical connectors plug into (from the front). When I tore my bike down, I could not get that damned connector on the right to disconnect. What is the trick to get that one to disconnect?

See my post # 28 on thread: http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...ight=connector