Camper trailer or Trailer with tent.

Thread: Camper trailer or Trailer with tent.

Question Camper trailer or Trailer with tent.

Hey guys,

Going away with the other half is fine n all, but I'd like to take a few more things. Been looking at the trailers and such. Unsure of whether to go for a decent 3/4 man tent and throw it in a cargo area or go with a camper attached to the top?

Pros and cons? Would the tent area give more problems attached to the top? Any experiences? Never had a trailer behind a bike before!

Got these made in my area, so I'm looking at it.

http://www.tourlitetrailers.com.au/t...mper-trailers/

Like the idea of a removable tow bar that Rivco makes so that'd be the hitch. Solid top looks ok..

you should get some feedback on this from Steve0080.
    He has the Bushtec that looks like it was designed by the F6B designers, it's a beautiful setup.
    I saw it at the Franklin rally a few years back, that's next on my list.

Personal choice and or needs.
    You can take more stuff in a cargo trailer but have to be careful not to pack too much with a camper.
    For me kompact kamper (mm) was way to go not sleeping on the cold,wet ground.
    But the ones that are made near you appear the tent may be removed so you might get two in one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well it ends up being what is right for your style & pocket book. The Mrs & I have always traveled together attending weekend rallies riding two up & now two bikes. I have towed cargo trailers & now a small camper. The days of sleeping on the ground are done for us & we love the camper, wish I bought it years ago.
    Try to find a trailer that sets up & tears done quickly, I went with smaller cargo area because I knew the Mrs would pack it full. LOL

Chris
    Grasp Life By The Handlebars

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Cool

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be studying more, I must admit the ease of the campers assy I've seen seem pretty good and with a solar battery system hooked it'll keep the girls gadget whims satisfied! I see there are two tounge heights on the hitch I was looking at, looks like I've got to get the trailer sorted before I order the hitch to get it right.

Back to the webs!

I never want to go camping in the car, and it gets expensive getting a motel/hotel every night, but I'm excited to go camping with the bike!

Have towed both camper & trailer with tent. Really liked the camper, but way heavy. A good cot in the tent means much lighter load, easier to tow and stop. It really comes down to preferences. BTW, trailer, tent, and cots = lots less $$. On the other hand, we liked the "2 people, one mattress" of the camper, with a little more room for comfort (Aspen Classic).

Shiv

I have been pulling a Bushtec w/a 18 x 18 TeePee for the weekend jaunts, to say a music festival or Chili feed type of events, it allows me to stand up and have a tall/ double blow up mattress that makes all the difference in the world when you have a few years on ya. Have been looking at the tent trailers but I don't know if I can justify the cost and I still like a cheep motel once in a while. At average of 3,500.00 a trailer and average of 85.00 a night in a moderate motel room, I could stay about 41 nights, granted if you travel a lot, that could be eaten up quickly...
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Cool Finally

http://members.iinet.net.au/~bryone/F6/F6camp3.jpg

Got it hooked and taken out for a test ride, made sure of lane positioning a little more could feel it when cornering at first, but never really noticed anything odd. Had the trailer weighted for the test. Stoked!