Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
Thought it was time, especially after the last few months of DS Forum Post disruptions by DARK SIDE CRITICS, to bring the subject of DS Negativity to a "head". We Dark Siders are constantly aware of the "Critics" who rudely interject "junk mail/posts" everytime we try to share "RELATIVE INFORMATION/EXPERIENCES of our DS Practice. We all know the "Critics" as those who "pop up" like the 6 P.M. TELE-MARKETERS trying to "peddle" something we neither need nor want. That said, I'm taking the liberty to establish The F6B Riders "Dark Side Forum Critic Registry/Directory". This will give all the "like minded critics" their very own "sand box" to play in and share all their "lack of first hand experiences/knowledge" without having to bother/disrupt "Legitimate Dark Side Post/Conversations. As, I'm sure we all hold the "critics" in such "high esteem" this is but a "courtesy" to/for them!!!!

Two recent members come to mind, so I'll take the "lead/liberty or making them "stars" and get the Registry/Directory up and running. Those other "critics" can simply register themselves. This "Thread/Post" will also serve as a "REPOSITORY" for the "junk mail" by our "renowned critics".

P.S. If our Administrator deems this effort unworthy then let it "go away" like the "critics"!!!

1. tiltingf6b

2. stroguy
I will wear the safety advocate "star" like a badge proudly. I can understand your sentiment of not liking it when someone rains on your parade and takes over your mud puddle - but I will not stop interjecting safety related information on ANY thread wear and when I feel it is appropriate; especially if even one new rider can be discouraged from an unsafe practice.

My arguments (for safety) are based on the science promoted by the manufacturers of motorcycles and the tire industry as a whole. Even Car Tire makers discourage the practice of going dark.
All publications that I have found to date, relating to motorcycles riding and touring on motorcycles in general, do not advocate going dark.
I have found no Motorcycle Riding Safety Course or Coach who supports the Darkside practice either.
We all know that pulling a trailer is another example of a common practice that is not recommended by the motorcycle industry as a whole (unless they make Motorcycle trailers and associated parts). Yet this practice is widely done and seldom discouraged.

Darksiders I welcome you to ride whatever tire you want but your arguments are weak, emotional and are based on getting away with a "choice" be it for the moment. It is known as a self rewarding behavior as it is reinforced each time you get away with it.
If and when a darksider comes forward with one single science based report of any kind supporting their choice of putting a CT on a motorcycle, please put it in this new sandbox.

Just because you can and have done something doesn't mean you should.

If the darksider(s) had real guts and brains they would find some sponsor(s) willing to fund a legitimate study of the Darkside practice to gain the support of D.O.T., the motorcycle industry, the tire industry, the Insurance industry and the aftermarket industry. Who knows, such a study could result in a whole new type of tire being developed for the larger touring bikes making riding much safer for all of us. It is not enough to just do something - I REPEAT- if you believe so strongly in your choice - let's see you put together some sponsors who are willing to put their money (or your money) where their mouths, and, "if I'm doing it it must be ok" theories are.

Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should, esp when it is so widely discouraged; Trumps tweeting comes to mind (present day humor intended).

Let me reiterate something important - It is your motorcycle, your ride, and thus your right to modify your motorcycle to your hearts delight - that is part of the joy of owning and riding a motorcycle! Motorcycles are a luxury and a hobby.
Enjoy your motorcycles - feel the wind in your hair and embrace the freedom of being able to travel outside the box but try to do so as safely as humanly possible because people do care about us.

Peace out.