Dark Side Forum Critic Registry/Directory - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dark Side Forum Critic Registry/Directory

Quote Originally Posted by tommyb View Post
    +1
    This is, of course, the "Dark Side Critic Registry/Directory"!!!!! Are you suggesting you're at the right address???? If so, please don't keep us in suspense!! Self Registry is welcome and recommended:>):>):>)

Hey, Hey, Now, calm down !

Everybody's got the right to ride the tire of their choice! It's been proven through experimentation they all work..... It all depends on what the rider deems important in their ride.

But, bob109, please for safety reasons promise me you won't try using the spare off your camper bus.

Then again????

Safety belongs in every aspect of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Thought it was time, especially after the last few months of DS Forum Post disruptions by DARK SIDE CRITICS, to bring the subject of DS Negativity to a "head". We Dark Siders are constantly aware of the "Critics" who rudely interject "junk mail/posts" everytime we try to share "RELATIVE INFORMATION/EXPERIENCES of our DS Practice. We all know the "Critics" as those who "pop up" like the 6 P.M. TELE-MARKETERS trying to "peddle" something we neither need nor want. That said, I'm taking the liberty to establish The F6B Riders "Dark Side Forum Critic Registry/Directory". This will give all the "like minded critics" their very own "sand box" to play in and share all their "lack of first hand experiences/knowledge" without having to bother/disrupt "Legitimate Dark Side Post/Conversations. As, I'm sure we all hold the "critics" in such "high esteem" this is but a "courtesy" to/for them!!!!

Two recent members come to mind, so I'll take the "lead/liberty or making them "stars" and get the Registry/Directory up and running. Those other "critics" can simply register themselves. This "Thread/Post" will also serve as a "REPOSITORY" for the "junk mail" by our "renowned critics".

P.S. If our Administrator deems this effort unworthy then let it "go away" like the "critics"!!!

1. tiltingf6b

2. stroguy
    I will wear the safety advocate "star" like a badge proudly. I can understand your sentiment of not liking it when someone rains on your parade and takes over your mud puddle - but I will not stop interjecting safety related information on ANY thread wear and when I feel it is appropriate; especially if even one new rider can be discouraged from an unsafe practice.

My arguments (for safety) are based on the science promoted by the manufacturers of motorcycles and the tire industry as a whole. Even Car Tire makers discourage the practice of going dark.
    All publications that I have found to date, relating to motorcycles riding and touring on motorcycles in general, do not advocate going dark.
    I have found no Motorcycle Riding Safety Course or Coach who supports the Darkside practice either.
    We all know that pulling a trailer is another example of a common practice that is not recommended by the motorcycle industry as a whole (unless they make Motorcycle trailers and associated parts). Yet this practice is widely done and seldom discouraged.

Darksiders I welcome you to ride whatever tire you want but your arguments are weak, emotional and are based on getting away with a "choice" be it for the moment. It is known as a self rewarding behavior as it is reinforced each time you get away with it.
    If and when a darksider comes forward with one single science based report of any kind supporting their choice of putting a CT on a motorcycle, please put it in this new sandbox.

Just because you can and have done something doesn't mean you should.

If the darksider(s) had real guts and brains they would find some sponsor(s) willing to fund a legitimate study of the Darkside practice to gain the support of D.O.T., the motorcycle industry, the tire industry, the Insurance industry and the aftermarket industry. Who knows, such a study could result in a whole new type of tire being developed for the larger touring bikes making riding much safer for all of us. It is not enough to just do something - I REPEAT- if you believe so strongly in your choice - let's see you put together some sponsors who are willing to put their money (or your money) where their mouths, and, "if I'm doing it it must be ok" theories are.

Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should, esp when it is so widely discouraged; Trumps tweeting comes to mind (present day humor intended).

Let me reiterate something important - It is your motorcycle, your ride, and thus your right to modify your motorcycle to your hearts delight - that is part of the joy of owning and riding a motorcycle! Motorcycles are a luxury and a hobby.
    Enjoy your motorcycles - feel the wind in your hair and embrace the freedom of being able to travel outside the box but try to do so as safely as humanly possible because people do care about us.

Peace out.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Wow. I think it's funny that very routinely whenever anyone says anything that contradicts the idea that car tires are anything but the "Cat's Meow" , the assumption by some is that that person has NO experience riding "Dark Side". I'm slightly warm to car tires at best. They will stick, but they do change the feel of the bike. And , in my opinion, those changes are not all great. It's kind of amusing that some take this so personally. Ride what you want to ride on.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

i've been a darksider & was a double darksider for about 6 years. i appreciate people having varying opinions, some of which i agree with and some i don't.

BUT i do not think that calling people out for having a differing opinion is appropriate, and that creating a registry/list of those people is not in the spirit of why this (or any) forum exists.

Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Wow. I think it's funny that very routinely whenever anyone says anything that contradicts the idea that car tires are anything but the "Cat's Meow" , the assumption by some is that that person has NO experience riding "Dark Side". I'm slightly warm to car tires at best. They will stick, but they do change the feel of the bike. And , in my opinion, those changes are not all great. It's kind of amusing that some take this so personally. Ride what you want to ride on.
    +1 Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Understand your point, Jimmytee...BUT...I happen to look at it like this. If a person hates guns, is scared of guns, wants guns outlawed, etc. , I certainly wouldn't expect them to go to a gun enthusiast website and bash either gun users or the guns themselves. They would be considered trolls---and probably treated accordingly, especially if they've never even held one.

I respect everyone's opinion and don't get upset if anyone has a different view of darkside than I do. But I honestly believe(and could very well be wrong) that the original intent of the Darkside Forum was to discuss what is the best darkside tire/PERSONAL EXPERIENCE of any darkside tires one has run, good pricing, new finds in darkside tires that might work well, etc. I doubt it was intended to be a debate site for darkside vs motorcycle tire.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    i've been a darksider & was a double darksider for about 6 years. i appreciate people having varying opinions, some of which i agree with and some i don't.

BUT i do not think that calling people out for having a differing opinion is appropriate, and that creating a registry/list of those people is not in the spirit of why this (or any) forum exists.
    It is not so much calling any one person out. Here is another example, For Brace. Look it up. The same people time after time after time after time post the exact same answer on every post. OK they do not see the value, OK they do do not have the expendable cash, OK it does not come in pink. Each and every thread is littered with this same opposition. Same on the DS Forum. We started a DS Forum so folks who do not see the benefit would not have to see it. Kinda like the Off Topic Forum....and dam if you don't see the same people in there saying for the forty third time they don't like it. Folks this is just another example. No need to get butt here, just step away and go to another post. Have a wonder Sunday, get out and ride and get some sun!!! If not spring will be here soon.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    It is not so much calling any one person out. Here is another example, For Brace. Look it up. The same people time after time after time after time post the exact same answer on every post. OK they do not see the value, OK they do do not have the expendable cash, OK it does not come in pink. Each and every thread is littered with this same opposition. Same on the DS Forum. We started a DS Forum so folks who do not see the benefit would not have to see it. Kinda like the Off Topic Forum....and dam if you don't see the same people in there saying for the forty third time they don't like it. Folks this is just another example. No need to get butt here, just step away and go to another post. Have a wonder Sunday, get out and ride and get some sun!!! If not spring will be here soon.
    Well said, Steve!
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Understand your point, Jimmytee...BUT...I happen to look at it like this. If a person hates guns, is scared of guns, wants guns outlawed, etc. , I certainly wouldn't expect them to go to a gun enthusiast website and bash either gun users or the guns themselves. They would be considered trolls---and probably treated accordingly, especially if they've never even held one.

I respect everyone's opinion and don't get upset if anyone has a different view of darkside than I do. But I honestly believe(and could very well be wrong) that the original intent of the Darkside Forum was to discuss what is the best darkside tire/PERSONAL EXPERIENCE of any darkside tires one has run, good pricing, new finds in darkside tires that might work well, etc. I doubt it was intended to be a debate site for darkside vs motorcycle tire.
    Priceless!! I couldn't have said it better!

Regards and Safe Riding

bob109