Dark Side Forum Critic Registry/Directory - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dark Side Forum Critic Registry/Directory

adding info when info is lacking

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    It is not so much calling any one person out. Here is another example, For Brace. Look it up. The same people time after time after time after time post the exact same answer on every post. OK they do not see the value, OK they do do not have the expendable cash, OK it does not come in pink. Each and every thread is littered with this same opposition. Same on the DS Forum. We started a DS Forum so folks who do not see the benefit would not have to see it. Kinda like the Off Topic Forum....and dam if you don't see the same people in there saying for the forty third time they don't like it. Folks this is just another example. No need to get butt here, just step away and go to another post. Have a wonder Sunday, get out and ride and get some sun!!! If not spring will be here soon.
    I personally make it a point to interject data (more info) when the lack of it is presented. It is not about disagreeing with anyone, more like, yes but - what about this article, this science, this manufacturer. Name calling is never appropriate, childish at best, just saying something isn't right (that's dumb) but when they BACK IT UP, by all means, pay attention!
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Finally He Has Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    +1 Jimmy
    seadog, thank you for finally showing up! I was wondering how long it would take you to step up to the podium! Its been approximately 6 days since the "Critic Registry/Directory was posted. I purposely avoided originally adding you to the list, knowing well you would "show on your on accord" to accept you "Critic Trophy"! You've just proven me right! In light of recognizing all our "Critics", you now being #3 on the registry, I think it would be appropriate for us Dark Sides to rate each of your with a Star System. Like TV's Dancing With The Stars, we will, instead, have "Cruising With The Critics". We'll simply rate each of you, one to five stars (*,**,***,****,*****) based on "individual negativity". There is a exception in your particular case! As you are critical of everyone and everything, i.e oil, tires, fork braces etc. you've earned the honor and recognition of ten ********** stars.

Regards

bob109

I wonder if I am not the only one , that unless I am posting a new topic/thread, the thought of which "Forum" I'm reading or responding to never enters my mind?

I would bet that there are some people like me, who simply click on the "New Posts" tab at the top, which then lists any new topics or posts in the order of the most recent responses.

I ,for one , never knew there was a new "Forum" specifically to talk about Darkside.

I also don't usually interject in these tired ( see what I did there?) debates over tires, oil etc...

However when someone does inquire about people's experiences with said "car tires" , I will sometimes offer my opinion.

I ride with quite a few "Darksiders" I currently ride Darkside on my Valkyrie. I will wear that tire out, but when it's done, not sure I'll put another Darkside on it.

I think it's wrong to post purely for the point of being argumentative. I've seen that both ways though. No one here has a monopoly on fitting this description from my observation.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

great people talk about

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    seadog, thank you for finally showing up! I was wondering how long it would take you to step up to the podium! Its been approximately 6 days since the "Critic Registry/Directory was posted. I purposely avoided originally adding you to the list, knowing well you would "show on your on accord" to accept you "Critic Trophy"! You've just proven me right! In light of recognizing all our "Critics", you now being #3 on the registry, I think it would be appropriate for us Dark Sides to rate each of your with a Star System. Like TV's Dancing With The Stars, we will, instead, have "Cruising With The Critics". We'll simply rate each of you, one to five stars (*,**,***,****,*****) based on "individual negativity". There is a exception in your particular case! As you are critical of everyone and everything, i.e oil, tires, fork braces etc. you've earned the honor and recognition of ten ********** stars.

Regards

bob109
    Here's the thing - great people talk about ideas, they debate theories and accept criticism as part of the science of growth through education - little people on the other hand, well, they talk about people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I wonder if I am not the only one , that unless I am posting a new topic/thread, the thought of which "Forum" I'm reading or responding to never enters my mind?

I would bet that there are some people like me, who simply click on the "New Posts" tab at the top, which then lists any new topics or posts in the order of the most recent responses.

I ,for one , never knew there was a new "Forum" specifically to talk about Darkside.

I also don't usually interject in these tired ( see what I did there?) debates over tires, oil etc...

However when someone does inquire about people's experiences with said "car tires" , I will sometimes offer my opinion.

I ride with quite a few "Darksiders" I currently ride Darkside on my Valkyrie. I will wear that tire out, but when it's done, not sure I'll put another Darkside on it.

I think it's wrong to post purely for the point of being argumentative. I've seen that both ways though. No one here has a monopoly on fitting this description from my observation.
    +3 = me, myself and I

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    Here's the thing - great people talk about ideas, they debate theories and accept criticism as part of the science of growth through education - little people on the other hand, well, they talk about people.
    ^^ That ^^

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    How Profound! I'm both awed and humbled to be in the presence of a "Great One" like yourself! tiltingf6b has spoken. Bearing the "Gospel of the Critics" we shall now bow down and recognize him as the master bearer of "critical information/thinking" from all areas of "science", "education", "engineering" "tire manufacturing" and the "insurance industry". Being one of the little people (I'll proudly wear that hat), I politely and humbly recommend you for immediate 5*****star recognition! It's the least we "little people" can do for you!!!!!!

How Profound! I'm both awed and humbled to be in the presence of a "Great One" like yourself! tiltingf6b has spoken. Bearing the "Gospel of the Critics" we shall now bow down and recognize him as the master bearer of "critical information/thinking from all areas of "science", "education", "engineering" "tire manufacturing" and the "insurance industry". Being one of the little people (I'll proudly wear that hat), I politely and humbly recommend you for immediate 5*****star recognition! It's the least we "little people" can do for you!!!!!!

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    As always, it's good to hear from you BIGLRY:>):>):>)

Ya know, giving it some quick thought, I pondered giving the "Critics" cookies instead of stars. Quickly coming to my senses, I realized it would be a "waste of good cookies":>):>):>):>)

getting a grip

How Profound! I'm both awed and humbled to be in the presence of a "Great One" like yourself! tiltingf6b has spoken. Bearing the "Gospel of the Critics" we shall now bow down and recognize him as the master bearer of "critical information/thinking" from all areas of "science", "education", "engineering" "tire manufacturing" and the "insurance industry". Being one of the little people (I'll proudly wear that hat), I politely and humbly recommend you for immediate 5*****star recognition! It's the least we "little people" can do for you!!!!!!
    There seems to be an immediate disconnect from thread content and bob109's "intent". I do not offer up sarcasm to you or anyone as individuals (as you have done), rather, I look to separate my immediate emotions from a debate (discussion) so I might find the science or suitable evidence, which supports or invalidates a direction I may or may not want to choose - subjective thinking and tunnel vision are dangerous things. Maybe I might want to go to the dark side, but, only if there was adequate science and empirical data to support the practice.

If one is truly passionate about the sport of motorcycling it is a necessary manifesto to explore all avenues of information and embrace new knowledge in order to advance their skills or improve their RIDE. If you need stars and other labels to help you identify sources of information, by all means please categorize things in a way suitable to your cognition's most suitable way of learning.

Having just returned from a beautiful motorcycle ride on the backroads of Alabama Bayou's I am grateful to embrace any knowledge you or anyone else might wish to share that has a substantive nature to it. While I enjoy shifting my motorcycle My favorite thing(s) to shift are paradigms.

Life is good - enjoy it.