Took delivery of my F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Took delivery of my F6B

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    Portland adjacent yeah. I ride year round as a commuter, not much in the way of extra curricular miles in the winter time though. Like Dirtstiff said though this past week has been the exception as we endured Snowpocalypse '16.
    You guys didn't get squat for snow, not like Bend got! I bought the bike from ProCaliber in Vancouver, and he said they just got a dusting that was melted the next day. The snow we got here won't melt any time soon!

I didn't notice that it says you're in Hillsboro below your name, sorry. But if you're riding at all this time of year you're a brave man!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Yup !!!! 85* here today and most of the week....I can't get the grass to stop growing !!!!!
    That's why I live in central Florida and not here:

https://articles.niche.com/top-25-sn...es-in-america/

Grew up in Oswego 40 miles north where they get more snow than Syracuse.

Going camping this week, bike is in the toy hauler!!!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    But the edges of the tank and fuel door still are bare so that's an issue, but maybe some trim like another member suggested would fix that.
    If you are lucky:

I don't know how the bottom of the tank cover could get rubbed. Maybe what looks like rubbed off paint is the 3m film is not sticking down and has collected debris under it. Once the film is removed, you may find paint under it! That goes for the left side panel, too. Looks like the same thing happened there.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    If you are lucky:

I don't know how the bottom of the tank cover could get rubbed. Maybe what looks like rubbed off paint is the 3m film is not sticking down and has collected debris under it. Once the film is removed, you may find paint under it! That goes for the left side panel, too. Looks like the same thing happened there.
    I believe you may be right. At least, I'm HOPING you're right! However, I still want to paint it blue (not black like the Stones say). That, along with black Cobra 6-into-6 pipes and a cool windshield would make this bike MINE!

Hopnel makes a gas door cover that gives you a pocket and will cover up the door, https://www.amazon.com/Hopnel-POUCH-...ing+f6b+deluxe

Our sponsor Wing Stuff has one also.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Hopnel makes a gas door cover that gives you a pocket and will cover up the door, https://www.amazon.com/Hopnel-POUCH-...ing+f6b+deluxe
    Ummm, I'm thinking I might need to access the key hole every once in a while.

Says gas lock is reachable.

Congratulations on your new bike!

I am retired and don't have the coin for a repaint but that blue is a beautiful colour. I had a CBR1100XX Super Blackbird and it was in a similar blue, the red will do for now for me.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    You guys didn't get squat for snow, not like Bend got! I bought the bike from ProCaliber in Vancouver, and he said they just got a dusting that was melted the next day. The snow we got here won't melt any time soon!

I didn't notice that it says you're in Hillsboro below your name, sorry. But if you're riding at all this time of year you're a brave man!
    Maybe look up the elevation of PDX- Hillsboro, OR vs Bend, OR. Might explain snowfall versus rainfall.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe