Quote Originally Posted by dadeo View Post
Why bother? Nobody's changing anyone's mind. I am long past believing that I can convince anyone who has picked a side already on this issue.

But carbon dioxide is increasing, and the world is getting warmer. I don't know if its a correlation or causation. Do any of you really know?

What I do know is that when we burn stuff we pollute the atmosphere. We add tons of carbon dioxide. Many well meaning scientists think that CO2 is not good for you. At high enough concentrations it is not good. So the less we add to the atmosphere the better.

And if you don't think we can harm the earth, you ought to seriously take a look at how much of its land we now occupy with our billions. Take a look at the east coast of the USA, CA, the mid west to Chicago, Florida, Western Europe, China, India etc. Take a serious look at the NASA images of Earth at night. It gives you a real perspective on how much of this planet is lighted up by us... Its amazing how much of the habitable portion of the planet we occupy. Color enhanced images also show how much of our land is in fire, or involved in burning off fossil fuels.

So, no I don't KNOW for sure if Global warming is being caused by humans. But I do know that IF in 70 years the doomsayers turn out to be right.... my kids will be screwed, and my generation will have not even have tried to stop it. Not tried and failed. Not turned out to have been wrong in trying to stop it.... But done nothing to reduce pollution, because we chose to "risk it".

Thats pretty stupid in my book.
C02 not good for you? You do understand without it life doesn't even exist. If you have quotes from actual scientists who said that, talk about stupid. If you believe the planet has ever been in an ice age, use your logic to explain how earth came out of it. The path to hell is always paved with good intentions so no, please don't encourage any government to hunt unicorns on my dime.