Traxxion "Mega-Monty" - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Traxxion "Mega-Monty"

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Well, I done did it. Yeah, it was 3 'large' but "buy once, cry once" is my motto for major purchases. Cheers, Steve (and yeah, I'm grinning big time!!!)
    Yeah, you can recover that at the Rally by offering test rides on the Tail, $100.00 per ride.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Yeah, you can recover that at the Rally by offering test rides on the Tail, $100.00 per ride.
    You can feel the difference just riding in a tight circle.
    At the Rally, I will let people ride her around if I deem them competent and they want to feel the difference.
    But on the Tail...hmmm. Might require that significant deposit you mentioned....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

You can feel the difference just riding in a tight circle. At the Rally, I will let people ride her around if I deem them competent and they want to feel the difference. But on the Tail...hmmm. Might require that significant deposit you mentioned.... Cheers, Steve
    What could possibly happen in a mere 11 miles?

So whats it like?

Ive seen traxxions old goldwing presentation on YouTube. Very convincing. Are there any criticisms of the set up? Is the ride quality less plush? Does it soak up bumps?

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    What could possibly happen in a mere 11 miles?
    It's the 318 curves that have my attention.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    Ive seen traxxions old goldwing presentation on YouTube. Very convincing. Are there any criticisms of the set up? Is the ride quality less plush? Does it soak up bumps?
    Criticisms? - No. I honestly haven't tested the limits of the envelope and I just don't know what I don't know yet.

Less plush? - Not sure as my parameters were changed.
    - Traxxion considers the tires the "first part" of the suspension and their recommended pressure is 34/38
    - I haven't seen where the rear suspension preload is set yet. it's allegedly set for my 210lb butt and 15 pounds of gear.
    - It did absorb bumps and railroad tracks effortlessly.
    - The tires do move less (see GoPro bit in first thread) so I imagine that the suspension is staying more in its optimum operable range, rather than finding the extremes.

Soak up bumps? - I wouldn't say that, you still feel them, but I would definitely hypothesize that I'm feeling a lot less

Testing concepts:
    - I'm going to ad a few psi's to the tires and see what that does to the ride. 36/40.
    - I'm going to see where the rear preload is set and stiffen that a bit
    - Calling Traxxion to ask if the Trax Triple Tree altered the rake/trail any.

Recommendations for anyone:
    - put the All Balls tapered bearings in the steering column. Just do it.
    - stiffen the fork play. Get a SuperBrace, the Traxxion Brace, Helibars, whatever you can do to lessen the flex between the tubes
    - realize that the most under engineered part of this bike is the front suspension and then do something about it if you are interested in spirited riding. (If not, put a CT on the back and call it good. )

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Big change on TP

Wow, thats a big change on tire pressures. I find my stock suspension with 39 front and 40 rear right for me at 220 lbs. I run these pressures for the tire wear issues others have mentioned. Were you at a similar tire pressure before? Traxxion claims that any tire cupping issues are fully resolved by their upgrade. Also the anti dive system is defeated during the installation. The new suspension can fully support the bike in hard braking and some load transfer is desirable and normal. Im thinking the traxxion upgrade is a game changer. I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    Wow, thats a big change on tire pressures. I find my stock suspension with 39 front and 40 rear right for me at 220 lbs. I run these pressures for the tire wear issues others have mentioned. Were you at a similar tire pressure before? Traxxion claims that any tire cupping issues are fully resolved by their upgrade. Also the anti dive system is defeated during the installation. The new suspension can fully support the bike in hard braking and some load transfer is desirable and normal. Im thinking the traxxion upgrade is a game changer. I want one.
    I ran 40/41 before. For tire wear and I like feeling the road.

When I call Traxxion about the rake/trail, I'm going to ask about the anti-dive system as well.
    The bike braked EXTREMELY well before and now it's nothing short of magic.

It IS a game changer...I'm just trying to learn the new rules of this new game.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Well, I done did it.
    I was heading to NW Georgia for a ride with the "boys" and Traxxion (Woodstock, GA) had a Friday afternoon appointment open....

Sweet Mother-of-Pearl!
    What a difference in handling from the stock suspension!
    And the bike tracks perfectly straight hands off at any speed.
    The steering column is SO smooth and SO effortless now.
    - Those tapered "All Balls" bearings are smooth as a baby's butt.
    The setup shines over railroad tracks and speedbumps. No slowing anymore.
    Their version of a Fork Brace applies the forces to the forks lower than my SuperBrace did and doesn't destroy the trailing edge of my front fender at the same time. (grrrrr)
    Between that brace and their Triple Tree, there is NO flex in the steering column.
    Of course, when we took to the mountains in NW Georgia, the package really did shine beyond my expectations.
    The suspension keeps the tires on the road. Period. No questions.
    As many of you know I have a GoPro on my left engine guard and I'm used to watching the tire move up and down "a certain amount" in my videos. Now? Tire doesn't move nearly a third as much. It's amazing.
    Lots of confidence in the bike and the feedback she's giving me in "very-spirited" riding conditions.

Yeah, it was 3 'large' but "buy once, cry once" is my motto for major purchases.
    Plus they have a "Gold Wing 90 days same as cash" deal, so I spread out the damage a bit....
    And Traxxion did the work.
    They didn't wash & wax her, but they fixed a few nickle and dime things for me

Two of my riding partners (Full Wingers) went for a quick ride and came back all smiles.
    One has an appointment in late March...

Cheers,
    Steve
    (and yeah, I'm grinning big time!!!)

Mega-Monty is:
    AK-20 Axxion Cartridge Kit
    Traxxion Dynamics “Omni” Fork Spring Kit
    Traxx-Rite Billet Triple Clamp (the "Full Monty" doesn't include this)
    Fork Brace with Bug Guards
    "All Balls” Brand Tapered Roller Steering Head Bearings
    Rebound Adjustable Fork Caps
    Fork Seals
    Inner and Outer Fork Bushings as required
    Traxxion Dynamics’ Rear Shock Absorber and Spring Kit
    Traxxion Dynamics’ Braided Stainless Steel Shock Hose
    Labor to Remove and Install Front Forks
    Labor to Rebuild Forks and Install Fork Kit
    Labor to Remove Shock, Rebuild Remote Adjuster, Install Hose, and Reinstall
    Labor to Remove and Install Steering Bearings
    Man oh man - I would love to take a spin on your baby girl - seems like she's all grown up!
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Wow, congrats! Other than the seat and windshield, the suspension is definitely my number one gripe. Sounds like that's a great remedy, just too much for my blood.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN