Traxxion "Mega-Monty" - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Traxxion "Mega-Monty"

I guess I need to look into those head bearings and Progressive stuff at some point. Any upgrade that really improves the suspension for those prices should be worth it. No car or bike I've owned didn't benefit from a few performance upgrades.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Steve,
    I read through most of your posts about your upgrade but really didn't find what it was that had you make the change. Were there certain issues such as suspension hop or a wiggle in long sweeping corners? or just that you were after a better ride?

I never liked the rear suspension on my 6. I am happy with the handling and the front suspension seems to do a good job for me but as one of the guys at Traxxion said " the best you know is the best you have had" .
    I have watched all the info videos Traxxion put out know the rear spring needs to be changed but I just haven't felt (for me personally) the work involved in the spring swap is worth my experimenting as I do all my own work and may not get it right the first time.
    I'd been contemplating it for a long time - any suspension upgrade - as I had the 30-40 mph hands off wobble, I actively didn't like the rear shock performance (as you mentioned), the front end flexing in sweepers, and doing who knows what in technical twisties.
    I do enjoy this bike to the edges of her performance envelope
    The SuperBrace helped, but I still had the wobble and my new E4 tires were already wearing funny.
    It wasn't right.

At 45k, I was looking at new steering head bearings and a fork servicing soon.
    My riding mentor has a 2003 Wing with the Full Monty and swears by it.
    Two riders I teach with have Full Monty Wings and they compete in those cone trial things - they also recommended it.
    I had never seen the Traxxion videos.

I went with the Mega-Monty more as an impulse purchase just to "complete the set" and stiffening up those fork tubes at the top with that Triple Tree seemed logical.

So, in summary:
    - I was due for servicing
    - I knew there were issues in the stock suspension
    - I had qualified recommendations
    - They had an opening the day I was supposed to be in that area.
    - I had the resources to do it
    I did it.
    I ain't looking back.
    The difference is amazing.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I am sure it is like riding a new machine.

It sounds to me as though the work you had done wasn't expensive.. it was priceless. Enjoy the ride and thanks for your input on the upgrade.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quite the project Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    If I get off my ass. I got home form work, yeah that is STILL a BIG part o my vocabulary, put my laptop back together. Had tore it apart to replace the CPU fan and it came yesterday. Then the wife had bought the Blue Ray "Doctor Strange" . Just finished that and it's 9:00 . Almost ready to go to bed and start the cycle over again. That's life. I will probably get the forks done this weekend if I can stay off the Valkyrie. Really, I've got several things going on with the B and debating getting my seat redone.
    I watch a tear down video on the redoing the front forks with progressive springs and seals and that seem to me to be quite the project. Just getting the front forks off is a task. Let alone tearing them down and redoing them and fresh oil. It was on a full wing but I'm sure the F6B is an equal challenge.

I have a appointment with them May 1st . Riding down from New York and taking 5days to get home through the hills. Very glad to be reading these great reviews.

Sooo....does anyone know if the authorized service places are as expedient as the home shop?

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    Sooo....does anyone know if the authorized service places are as expedient as the home shop?
    When i spoke to them on the phone they spoke highly of a dealer much closer to me. I would think anyplace they suggest going to be very reputable.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I'd been contemplating it for a long time - any suspension upgrade - as I had the 30-40 mph hands off wobble, I actively didn't like the rear shock performance (as you mentioned), the front end flexing in sweepers, and doing who knows what in technical twisties.
    I do enjoy this bike to the edges of her performance envelope
    The SuperBrace helped, but I still had the wobble and my new E4 tires were already wearing funny.
    It wasn't right.

At 45k, I was looking at new steering head bearings and a fork servicing soon.
    My riding mentor has a 2003 Wing with the Full Monty and swears by it.
    Two riders I teach with have Full Monty Wings and they compete in those cone trial things - they also recommended it.
    I had never seen the Traxxion videos.

I went with the Mega-Monty more as an impulse purchase just to "complete the set" and stiffening up those fork tubes at the top with that Triple Tree seemed logical.

So, in summary:
    - I was due for servicing
    - I knew there were issues in the stock suspension
    - I had qualified recommendations
    - They had an opening the day I was supposed to be in that area.
    - I had the resources to do it
    I did it.
    I ain't looking back.
    The difference is amazing.

Cheers,
    Steve
    I have looked high and low for a similar ride complaint as mine. I"ve got a 13 deluxe with 53k miles on her. The initial complaint was the bike just felt squirrelly at highway speeds on any road. The best way I can describe the ride is...it feels like riding on a road with rain grooves, but not that pronounced. I thought for sure All Balls would fix that and make it ride like a new bike! Wrong, it seemed to make it worse. I have a superbrace installed and had the anti dive shim installed. I"ve removed each item separately and checked ride, no joy! Then I scrapped the OEM tires and installed a set of Cobras, noticeable difference, but still there. I then backed the rear shock down to 15 clicks from 25 or so and it seems to ride much better, I think! The squirrelly feel is still there, just not so sharp, like the softer setting is absorbing some of it. I've put almost 27k on the bike since I bought it used approx 16 months ago. When I first got it, I was impressed with the solid feel compared to my HD. I'm not sure I know what a worn out suspension feels like, but I sure don't like the way my bike rides now! My wife is tired of hearing me complain after each ride, and I'm getting tired of it myself!!! So, I have the All Balls, Superbrace, brand new set of Cobras, and rear shock set at 15 clicks! Any higher than that just makes it worse! All the articles I've read say the front suspension is the weakest link. Can!t afford a Traxion set up, but have got to do something! Would the suspension be the cause of my ride being so sloppy? Sorry for the Rant, thnx

Anti Dive / Parts Sales / Rake on Triple Tree

I spoke to Traxxion (Dan) yesterday on these topics:
    1. The Anti-Dive. This is completely Disabled with the Traxxion modification.
    2. Selling parts vice going to one of their facilities or contractors for install. The left fork "often" requires some lathing for the Traxxion cartridge and Traxxion wants to ensure this is performed properly to their specs. They will sell their products, but they HIGHLY recommend one of their dealers do the work. If you remove your forks and ship them, that'll work for Traxxion too.
    3. Triple Tree Rake & Trail. Are the same as stock. They make a triple tree for triking that extends the rake a bit, but their two wheeled mod has the same rake & trail as factory.

Hope this helps anyone contemplating a decision.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Apache1 View Post
    I have looked high and low for a similar ride complaint as mine. I"ve got a 13 deluxe with 53k miles on her. The initial complaint was the bike just felt squirrelly at highway speeds on any road. The best way I can describe the ride is...it feels like riding on a road with rain grooves, but not that pronounced. I thought for sure All Balls would fix that and make it ride like a new bike! Wrong, it seemed to make it worse. I have a superbrace installed and had the anti dive shim installed. I"ve removed each item separately and checked ride, no joy! Then I scrapped the OEM tires and installed a set of Cobras, noticeable difference, but still there. I then backed the rear shock down to 15 clicks from 25 or so and it seems to ride much better, I think! The squirrelly feel is still there, just not so sharp, like the softer setting is absorbing some of it. I've put almost 27k on the bike since I bought it used approx 16 months ago. When I first got it, I was impressed with the solid feel compared to my HD. I'm not sure I know what a worn out suspension feels like, but I sure don't like the way my bike rides now! My wife is tired of hearing me complain after each ride, and I'm getting tired of it myself!!! So, I have the All Balls, Superbrace, brand new set of Cobras, and rear shock set at 15 clicks! Any higher than that just makes it worse! All the articles I've read say the front suspension is the weakest link. Can!t afford a Traxion set up, but have got to do something! Would the suspension be the cause of my ride being so sloppy? Sorry for the Rant, thnx
    Not sure. Tires and the head bearings would be my first thoughts . I've never thought my B to feel "squirrelly" at any speed. You sure your head stem/bearings are tightened correctly? Have you rechecked them since installing the All Balls?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"