The Parkway and Skyline Drive is one of my favorite rides! Weekdays are best. Get a map showing towns and get an idea for your gas stops. If you wait and take a notion to pull off for gas you might go further than you want to.

Swimming is always a part of my trips. Glacier lakes, Geat lakes, rivers, creeks, waterfalls... you get the picture I see water and swim. If you need to cool off a bit on the Parkway pull off at the parking lot at mile marker #417. Just across the road follow the path for a 10 minute hike that ends at a small but beautiful creek hole that is worth visiting.

Take time for the historic markers on Skyline Drive near Shenandoah Valley and be amazed at the feats and hardships of Civil War Soldiers.

I like the lunch buffet at Peaks of the Otter, it's on the Parkway and has a nice hotel (never stayed there I only tent).

Linville Falls at mile marker #316 is worth the short hike and nearby a mile or two off the Parkway is Louise's Rock House Restaurant located on three different county lines with good fried chicken.

I also recommend Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, at 59 Motorcycle Drive off US 276 near Canton. Motorcycles only. I have only camped there but I did see cabins. They serve meals under shelter at picnic tables. The price is right and the company is sure to be great fun.

Have a great ride!