FOBO
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FOBO

FOBO

I like what I've been reading about the FOBO. However, I'm about 10,000 miles away from a tire change (I hope) and new valve stems being installed. Will the OEM rubbers valve stems be OK until I get a new set of sneakers installed?
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I like what I've been reading about the FOBO. However, I'm about 10,000 miles away from a tire change (I hope) and new valve stems being installed. Will the OEM rubbers valve stems be OK until I get a new set of sneakers installed?
    Currently have 54K miles on my 2013 with the OEM Stems still in place. My advice is to undo the plastic stem supports from their mount tits, apply a dab of black Silicone and snap the supports back in place. Another step to prevent damaging the stems is to "hold them" whenever adding/checking air pressure!

Ride Safe

bob109

SierraKen
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I've had no trouble using the FOBO on my 2015 with original 90 degree stems for the past 6000 miles. I do plan on installing the FOBO T valves so I don't have to remove the FOBO sensors to add air when needed.

I've had the FOBO sensors for 2 1/2 years now. I use them on the stock 90 degree stems. No problem so far. Replace batteries yearly. Ride off with the insurance of a properly inflated tires.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I've had the FOBO sensors for 2 1/2 years now. I use them on the stock 90 degree stems. No problem so far. Replace batteries yearly. Ride off with the insurance of a properly inflated tires.
    Exact situation here also. I really like not having to crawl under the rear of the bike to find then use the valve stem.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Did you need to rebalance the tire after installing FOBO sensors?

It looks like they weigh about half an ounce.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

FedEx just delivered my FOBO and metal T-valves today that I ordered from WingStuff. If the wind chill wasn't -24*F, I'd be outside playing with them. I was surprised to see that included with the kit were 2 metal straight valve stems. I hope my dealer can install the T valves without having to remove the tires for cheap money.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974

SierraKen
    I just had the T valves installed and it does require the tire to be broken lose from rim and installed from the inside.

How much did it cost to do that?
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974

When I install the battery in the FOBO sensors, I can't screw it on all the way. There is still a bit of the red rubber O-Ring visible between the cap and base. Does anyone else noticed this. I really don't want to use pliers to crank it down. Right now it's as tight as I can get it with my hands.

Sorry, can't upload a file to show.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974