why did Victory Motorcycles fail? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: why did Victory Motorcycles fail?

The Victory/Indian dearer in Calf told me they sold 5 Indian's to 1 Victory. But the day they announced Victory has stopped making bikes they sold 5.

After reading all the replies here no one mentioned Indians flat track racing team for 2017. Indian is pulling out all the stops, commissioned a new 750cc V-Twin engine designed in Europe for this Grand National Dirt Track series and hired 3 factory riders including #1 number plate 2016 GNC champ Brian Smith, 2015 champ Mears, and former factory H.D. rider Brad Baker. They will call the team "The Indian Wrecking Crew" and already finished the 1st race of 2017 at Daytona 1st & 2nd and could have been a complete sweep if Baker had not crashed early in that race. This alone shows the commitment and IMHO brilliant planning to steal some of the Harley riders over into the Indian tent !! In addition Indian has 4-sale this complete racer turn-key operation for $49.995. It's my understanding several teams are aligning there self this season to campaign one. It will without a doubt be very interesting in the Harley ring ! To do this in this magnitude in less than 12 months is unheard of. To fully understand what an accomplishment it is Suzuki, Yamaha, and even Honda have not been able to do this to this complete domination in flat track racing over history.

Go to AMA racing to read more and even watch free that 2017 Daytona race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    After reading all the replies here no one mentioned Indians flat track racing team for 2017. Indian is pulling out all the stops, commissioned a new 750cc V-Twin engine designed in Europe for this Grand National Dirt Track series and hired 3 factory riders including #1 number plate 2016 GNC champ Brian Smith, 2015 champ Mears, and former factory H.D. rider Brad Baker. They will call the team "The Indian Wrecking Crew" and already finished the 1st race of 2017 at Daytona 1st & 2nd and could have been a complete sweep if Baker had not crashed early in that race. This alone shows the commitment and IMHO brilliant planning to steal some of the Harley riders over into the Indian tent !! In addition Indian has 4-sale this complete racer turn-key operation for $49.995. It's my understanding several teams are aligning there self this season to campaign one. It will without a doubt be very interesting in the Harley ring ! To do this in this magnitude in less than 12 months is unheard of. To fully understand what an accomplishment it is Suzuki, Yamaha, and even Honda have not been able to do this to this complete domination in flat track racing over history.

Go to AMA racing to read more and even watch free that 2017 Daytona race.
    After 4 days in Daytona, it is very clear why they dropped Victory. The Indian section was bigger than Harley and the accessories for Indian are off the charts. Using only Indian parts you can customize your bike to make it anyway you want---reduced reach-extended reach--10 different seats for the Scout--custom bars different bags, exhaust, Leather tank panels-fringe for everything, etc..... Just like Harley.

NOW COMPARE THAT to my Cross Roads where Victory gave you ONE SINGLE CHOICE for a luggage rack and backrest for close to a GRAND for the two! Every Victory option for that bike and my Kingpin could fit in my refrigerator one week before payday! The difference in committment would be clear to Ray Charles.

Oh--they were talking up the race team all week, too.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]