San Diego trip

Thread: San Diego trip

Smile San Diego trip

Last week I rented a Indian Vintage in San Diego.
    I then rode up to Julian and had to stop for pie and a cup of coffee, the temperature dropped about 30° Thank God for a friend with an extra jacket.
    Then I rode hiway 79 to 371 and then 74 it was the most fun I ever had on a motorcycle the turns and twist of the road never stopped. I was smiling all day. The overlook above Palm Dessert was believable, the ride down was better.

I spent the night in Palm Springs the next morning I headed to Joshua Tree National Park.
    Looks like another great day the funny trees in the park and the huge rocks piled on top of each other just didn't make sense to me. How did that happen?

I then headed towards Salton Sea on hiway 86 and then to 78 back up to Julian. But no time for pie this time I wanted to be back in San Diego before dark..
    It was a great two days of riding,we don't have roads like that in Wisconsin. I wish I was on my F6B but the Indian was a great bike it rode very nice and handled good the seat was great my butt never bothered me in the 600 miles I put on the bike.

It was great two an half weeks in California, tomorrow back to Wisconsin.

Lived in San Diego for 7-8 years... spent much time in Anza Borrego desert.Used to put on headphones (this was the 70's) and ride to Julian also.Great place, Southern California.

For you pie lovers

Julian Pie Company.
    I remember it well!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I love it when you guys come play in my back yard. Just wish I'd have known you were coming. I have some fun detours on those roads.
    15 F6B Purple with purple monster flakes.
    13 CTX 700 DCT Red
    02 GL1800 Red

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    I love it when you guys come play in my back yard. Just wish I'd have known you were coming. I have some fun detours on those roads.
    I am back in Wis flew home yesterday, I was staying in El Cajon by my sister. I did post about being in Calf. about 3 weeks ago but when this site when down it disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I am back in Wis flew home yesterday, I was staying in El Cajon by my sister. I did post about being in Calf. about 3 weeks ago but when this site when down it disappeared.
    I stayed over for a while in El Cajon back in the day...way back in the day. :-)