Here's a question I have not seen answered yet ..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's a question I have not seen answered yet .....

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post

Navvet, Sounds like you win the bad driveway award.
    I hate to admit that because i am the one maintaining the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Drive Jehu View Post
    I do ride the deep sand for practice and in dry conditions it has made me put a foot down more than once to keep from dumping it. A plowing front tire on a 6 will get your full attention.
    I pulled off the road at a little gift shop in Monument Valley, Ut. There was a good 6" of soft, fine sand in the parking area (cars were having troubles negotiating it). Definitely a learning experience.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

SierraKen
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Welcome to the Darkside. I'm running the same tire and have about 4 thou on mine. I love the Driveguard. The runflat will give you added piece of mind. I would consider running tire pressure monitors. I have the FOBO ones.

As for the gravel, I definitely think it helps to have the wider footprint...but if there are ruts, most car tires will tend to wander. As long as you're expecting it, it isn't too bad.
    I also run the Driveguard with about 4000 miles on it. Don't believe I will ever go back to a M/C tire. I run mine at 32 psi but am wondering what psi other Driveguard riders are using?

Quote Originally Posted by SierraKen View Post
    I also run the Driveguard with about 4000 miles on it. Don't believe I will ever go back to a M/C tire. I run mine at 32 psi but am wondering what psi other Driveguard riders are using?
    Ken, I started out at about 36-38 but now I'm also down to about 32lbs cold pressure. My TPS shows both tires increase 4-5 psi when warmed up.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Put the Drivegaurd on tonight, we will see how it rides.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

Close to 500 miles "Darkside" and I can honestly say I will never go back on this bike.

I don't know how to explain it, but I actually get a better feel of the road than with MC tires. Definitely more responsive while at the same time stable.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd