Here's a question I have not seen answered yet .....

Thread: Here's a question I have not seen answered yet .....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Between my sisters house on 2 miles of dirt road and one of my daughters on a long dirt hill drive I have enough time off asphalt to get a feel for the CT on dirt. If it is a heavily rutted road the rear will still wiggle and follow the rut. A MT will drop into narrow ruts that a wider CT may roll over and not slide into BUT the wider contact patch of the CT will bump steer the rear end as it rolls into a rut so just like any bike with any tire on a loose surface, stay on the throttle slightly to always keep the bike pushing forward.
    I will say going down my daughters drive I get much less rear wheel slide and a bit more traction going up.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Between my sisters house on 2 miles of dirt road and one of my daughters on a long dirt hill drive I have enough time off asphalt to get a feel for the CT on dirt. If it is a heavily rutted road the rear will still wiggle and follow the rut. A MT will drop into narrow ruts that a wider CT may roll over and not slide into BUT the wider contact patch of the CT will bump steer the rear end as it rolls into a rut so just like any bike with any tire on a loose surface, stay on the throttle slightly to always keep the bike pushing forward.
    I will say going down my daughters drive I get much less rear wheel slide and a bit more traction going up.
    The ruts aren't bad on my road, but the real challenge is the first 100 yds, 15deg incline straight up. That's where I hope the CT really shines (as well as coming down that hill).

In 40+ years of riding, I have not worried about taking a bike just about anywhere ... but have never tried a CT on a bike.

I am going to try to put the CT on this weekend and see how it performs.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

Cool

Welcome to the Dark Side ! We have cookies !!!

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side ! We have cookies !!!
    Chocolate Chip ????

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

My Michelin CT makes it a LOT easier to get up my 110yd gravel driveway. When I ordered my CT the salesman asked why I needed a mud & snow rated tire. When I hit a little mud it'll sling it out. The factory tire just turns to a slick & spins. Lots of guys talk bad about the CT but I have my reasons for using it. And I hate having a flat on a bike & feel a lot more comfortable going dark. Welcome to the Darkside!!

Welcome to the Darkside. I'm running the same tire and have about 4 thou on mine. I love the Driveguard. The runflat will give you added piece of mind. I would consider running tire pressure monitors. I have the FOBO ones.

As for the gravel, I definitely think it helps to have the wider footprint...but if there are ruts, most car tires will tend to wander. As long as you're expecting it, it isn't too bad.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

SierraKen
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Welcome to the Darkside. I'm running the same tire and have about 4 thou on mine. I love the Driveguard. The runflat will give you added piece of mind. I would consider running tire pressure monitors. I have the FOBO ones.

As for the gravel, I definitely think it helps to have the wider footprint...but if there are ruts, most car tires will tend to wander. As long as you're expecting it, it isn't too bad.
    I also run the Driveguard with about 4000 miles on it. Don't believe I will ever go back to a M/C tire. I run mine at 32 psi but am wondering what psi other Driveguard riders are using?