Heated Grips
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heated Grips

Heated Grips

Are heated grips worth getting? Are the Honda OEM the recommended choice? Steve

I have heated gear (Gloves, Jacket ect) and still put the OEM grips on and feel it was well worth it. The grips are always there if needed and I have used them a few times on cold evening rides when I didn't have the heated gloves and one ride back from Daytona in October when I broke a wire in my heated gloves. I sure was happy I had them then.
    I sprung for the OEM because I felt it was worth the cost to me. Under $200 from my local dealer and I installed them myself.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Honda dealer wants $300.00 - 15% military discount Are they hard to install? I can get the Tourmaster Synergy 2.0 to plug into my Jacket for $132.00 on Amazon. Steve

I have heated grips and they were wonderful once when it cold (low40s) and I did not have my heated gear installed on the new bike yet. After installation and with the heated gloves I have not had the need to turn on the grips. For $300 I think I would put that toward a dual controller, jacket liner and a pair of gloves. A lot more expensive but 300 is a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Are heated grips worth getting? Are the Honda OEM the recommended choice? Steve
    The last two bikes I've had, had factory heated grips. Some folks have problems with the grips not working after a time. For that kind of money the dealer wants to charge you, I'd make sure they came with at least a years warranty against failure. They are nice to have, but not a must have. As others have said, get a heated jacket and gloves. One of the guys I ride with has none of that. He simply buys hand warmers for $1.00 a package. They stay warm for a few hours. You can get a lot of hand warmers for $300!
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

They're worth it if you live in Michigan, money well spent for me. Not a difficult install, but takes some time because of the amount of "stuff" you need to remove to route the wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Honda dealer wants $300.00 - 15% military discount Are they hard to install? I can get the Tourmaster Synergy 2.0 to plug into my Jacket for $132.00 on Amazon. Steve
    $249 at Wingstuff... I work with my local dealer quite often so I do get a discount. They are really not difficult to install but it is a bit time consuming.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I have them in my hands now / stopped on the way home. I already have the Tourmaster Synergy heated Jacket and it is a must have item. Thank you, Steve

How much more work is it to change the air filter while I have the bike apart to install the heated grips? Steve

Check out this YouTube vid it will tell you. Not mine but a good guide.
    . https://youtu.be/zFUFL9hpnWg