Kabuto Ibuki Helmet
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kabuto Ibuki Helmet

Kabuto Ibuki Helmet

I've been using a Nolan N90 modular helmet for 4-5 years now and decided to buy a new modular. I never was happy with the fit of my Nolan as it caused a pressure point in the center of my forehead. I ordered a Scorpion EXO 900x on sale at Revzilla for $129. Unfortunately, the helmet didn't fit me very well at all.
    I returned it and ordered a Kabuto Ibuki modular in pearl white. Wow! I love this helmet. It is, by far, the most comfortable modular helmet I've ever worn. It is also the lightest modular I've ever worn at 3 lbs 9 oz. it is very noticibly lighter than both the Nolan and the Scorpion. I know everyone's head is shaped differently and each person will have their own preference, but I have finally found my helmet bliss with the Kabuto. It only took me 30 years to find modular or full face helmet that is comfortable.
    To make it even better, Revzilla price matched the helmet for me at $248.82. Attachment 20926

, the Kabuto Ibuki is the best helmet I've ever owned and I've had many over the past 45 years or so. It does everything well! I bought mine earlier and paid almost double what you're seeing now. IMHO, that makes it an awesome buy!
    Ken (Hornblower)

I have one too (recently acquired for $249.00)

I went back to 2wheels.com to try and buy another... sadly they are all sold out now.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I have one too (recently acquired for $249.00)

I went back to 2wheels.com to try and buy another... sadly they are all sold out now.
    I did too! Tried it on and it fit well. Didn't take it on my recent trip (just in case something was askew) and it is still in the box somewhere.....I need to go find it!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Necanefan View Post
    I've been using a Nolan N90 modular helmet for 4-5 years now and decided to buy a new modular. I never was happy with the fit of my Nolan as it caused a pressure point in the center of my forehead. I ordered a Scorpion EXO 900x on sale at Revzilla for $129. Unfortunately, the helmet didn't fit me very well at all.
    I returned it and ordered a Kabuto Ibuki modular in pearl white. Wow! I love this helmet. It is, by far, the most comfortable modular helmet I've ever worn. It is also the lightest modular I've ever worn at 3 lbs 9 oz. it is very noticibly lighter than both the Nolan and the Scorpion. I know everyone's head is shaped differently and each person will have their own preference, but I have finally found my helmet bliss with the Kabuto. It only took me 30 years to find modular or full face helmet that is comfortable.
    To make it even better, Revzilla price matched the helmet for me at $248.82. Attachment 20926
    That is fantastic! No matter how great the bike fits you, or how incredible the riding is, if your helmet is uncomfortable it's no good. I haven't been able to find a helmet that is totally comfortable for me since I had my Arai Quantum II. I've tried many....Shoei, HJC, Bell, Scorpion, Nolan, etc. Just can't quite get a perfect fit. I guess I have a round head! I may have to give the Kabuto a try...especially for the price! I must have 12-15 helmets sitting on shelves in my garage...along with all the seats, windshields, exhaust systems and various other parts/accessories.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Price alert!

I like the Kabuto so much, I just bought a second one in red to match my F6B. I BOUGHT IT NEW ON EBAY FOR $102 !! When I bought it 5 minutes ago, there were 2 left. Both large in shiny red. The next best price I've seen anywhere is $246. Someone should jump on this deal while it is still there. (Seemed to be a reputable seller based on ratings and number of transactions). Free shipping. Seller was motorcyclegear2.

I like the Kabuto so much, I just bought a second one in red to match my F6B. I BOUGHT IT NEW ON EBAY FOR $102 !! When I bought it 5 minutes ago, there were 2 left. Both large in shiny red. The next best price I've seen anywhere is $246. Someone should jump on this deal while it is still there. (Seemed to be a reputable seller based on ratings and number of transactions). Free shipping. Seller was motorcyclegear2.
    At that price I took a chance and ordered the 2x. This skid lid might fit my big melon, if not I know it will fit someone. The Scorpion EXO I bought last yr was to tight in the cheeks, but I think the new owner loves it.
    As to being red...well red and black do look good together

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    At that price I took a chance and ordered the 2x. This skid lid might fit my big melon, if not I know it will fit someone. The Scorpion EXO I bought last yr was to tight in the cheeks, but I think the new owner loves it.
    As to being red...well red and black do look good together
    Did you get it at the $102 price?

That is a Helluva deal !!!!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I just bought the remaining one for $102. That's a crazy deal so I'm just hoping the seller is on-the-level. Considering I paid over $400 for my first one from Revzilla, this seems like one of those too-good-to-be-true situations. We'll see!
    Ken (Hornblower)