Windshield order gone missing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windshield order gone missing

Quote Originally Posted by HBWinger View Post
    I ordered a windshield from Clearview Windshields 02/25/2017 and I got a confirmation email back from them the next day. They said they take 8 to 10 working days production time before shipping. I haven't heard anything from them and when I call it goes to voice mail or busy ring. They charged my credit card already but nor word from them. Does anybody know anything about this company or have any experience with them. They got good reviews online. I'm starting to get concerned about this order. Thanks
    The good news is that Clearview seems to have a fairly good reputation so maybe the staff are either swamped with orders as riding season approaches, or unavailable for some other legit reason. It's buyer beware out there none-the-less.

Remember that some or most of their staff is prepping and manning the booth at Daytona. That is a big project for small companies with a limited staff.

You don't have anything to worry about. You don't get their reputation by sticking it to paying customers.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Windshield

Well, the windshield came yesterday and I installed it today. The installation went without a hitch and the shield quality is excellent. I'll take it out for a spin tomorrow but I am sure that the coverage will be much better. The top of the shield is 6 1/2 inches taller than the stock shield. 10 1/2 for the stock and 16 1/2 for the Clearview. I ordered the 15 inch but I'm not sure how they measured theirs. I've never ridden a bike with anything other than a sport shield so it will take some time to get used to it. Really looking forward to not have all that buffeting.
    Can't figure out how to add photos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by HBWinger View Post
    Well, the windshield came yesterday and I installed it today. The installation went without a hitch and the shield quality is excellent. I'll take it out for a spin tomorrow but I am sure that the coverage will be much better. The top of the shield is 6 1/2 inches taller than the stock shield. 10 1/2 for the stock and 16 1/2 for the Clearview. I ordered the 15 inch but I'm not sure how they measured theirs. I've never ridden a bike with anything other than a sport shield so it will take some time to get used to it. Really looking forward to not have all that buffeting.
    Can't figure out how to add photos.
    Any windshield over the stock shield is an improvement. Unless you like the wind blast of a dirt bike. 😁

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Windshield

Well I took the bike out for a ride today and the new shield really cuts down on the buffeting. The height is about at the limit for me, any higher and I'd be looking thru it. Couldn't get to many miles in, the traffic was murder. Orange County has become so crowded and I can't wait to get out of here this summer. It takes 2 hours to get outta town before you can start to enjoy yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Move EAST young man Move East >

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Move EAST young man Move East >
    Move Southeast....East weather sux...Northeast at least
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.