Getting Started - Page 2
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Started

Congrats with the start of the trike build.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Over a year w/o riding, and then getting back in the saddle!?!??!

A BRAND NEW saddle at that!!!!,

Oh HECK YA!!!!

Cool Reverse Gear

Thanks Everyone,

Yes it will be the first F6B trike in the UK as far as I know, and certainly the only one in Scotland. There has been a few weeks delay on the build as I had to wait for a new differential to be made for me. As Trike Lady will know in most cases you have to add an external reverse gearbox to the diff. This will allow me to reverse the trike as I can't get off and push it due to my paralysis. However the builders have found a guy that has developed a diff with the reverse gear incorporated in the same box, it's being used for racing cars. This means that the trike will be a little shorter, I mean no extra box added to the diff. They are made to order so I had to wait my turn to get my built. But the Trike Shop have it now, so it's all systems go

It's been a long year without being in the saddle, and I can't wait to get onto this one. It's not until you can't do something that you realise just how much you miss it. In July three of my biker brothers visited from Ireland, I had to sit and watch them ride off for a day trip to the Isle of Skye Two days later I ordered my F6B, and now I'll have it in a few weeks

Paul B........
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Paul, next year I already have plans to fly over to Edinburgh, and ride with a couple friends over tthere. These are guys you have probably heard of, and they are willing to lend me one of their bikes, as we tour all of Scotland, parts of Ireland, most of Wales, and a very few places in that other country...er...oh yeah..England. Anyway, not wanting to be an ass by dropping big names here (anymore than Hornblower already thinks I am ), but the guys I am visiting with, and staying with, are E.M. and C.B. I think you can figure that out.

When I come out next late Spring, how about if I get together with you for a lunch, and the four of us can chew the fat, so to speak ?

Cool Let's do lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Paul, next year I already have plans to fly over to Edinburgh, and ride with a couple friends over tthere. These are guys you have probably heard of, and they are willing to lend me one of their bikes, as we tour all of Scotland, parts of Ireland, most of Wales, and a very few places in that other country...er...oh yeah..England. Anyway, not wanting to be an ass by dropping big names here (anymore than Hornblower already thinks I am ), but the guys I am visiting with, and staying with, are E.M. and C.B. I think you can figure that out.

When I come out next late Spring, how about if I get together with you for a lunch, and the four of us can chew the fat, so to speak ?
    Hi Miles,

You're on my friend. E.M. knows this area well as his brother used to live about 40 minutes from here. So yeah lets get together and have a chat. Should be a good laugh, as we all have something in common.

All the very best.

Paul B..........
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

What happened to the Rune?

Paul,

What happened to your Rune trike? That had to be a real conversation piece! Can you ride in the winter there? I've not been there but have heard it's quite cool in the winter.

God bless,

srkeet

Cool Time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by srkeet View Post
    Paul,

What happened to your Rune trike? That had to be a real conversation piece! Can you ride in the winter there? I've not been there but have heard it's quite cool in the winter.

God bless,

srkeet
    Hi srkeet,

I sold the Rune and it's helping to fund the conversation on the F6B. I'd had it for 8 years and it was time for a change. I did love the look of it, and it was a joy to ride. However all that beautiful chrome takes a lot of looking after, and as winter here is always a long and snowy affair the roads get plenty of salt, which loves to eat that same chrome. It got to the point that I where I didn't want to take it out, and that was a real shame. There are a few folk who will ride over the winter, but generally we don't ride between Nov/March. I'd love to live somewhere it was sunny most of the time, but that's not here....lol

Paul B...............

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Sounds like the roads could be pretty sloppy at times,,,

We all have our preferences, but was temperature/personal comfort also a reason not to ride? Lots more wind protection on the F6B

Cool Slippery

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Sounds like the roads could be pretty sloppy at times,,,

We all have our preferences, but was temperature/personal comfort also a reason not to ride? Lots more wind protection on the F6B
    The roads are very dirty Scotrod, after a couple of years of lacklustre gritting the roads dept like to lay it on pretty thick around here. I live above the snow line "Yeah I know, not very smart for a wheelchair user" so we get snow when the city only nine miles away gets zip!

As for comfort and temperature, I did have an King Rune seat with a backrest, which was a real plus as my spinal injury is at T4 level, which is high chest and that means I have no core stability. I've bought a Cee Baileys 11" screen and the Utopia backrest, but to be honest I have no sensation below my injury, so I can't tell if it's gonna be comfortable as I can't feel it!

Paul B........

Cool Work in Progress

Couple more pictures of the work in progress....

Attachment 2513 Attachment 2514