McDonald's - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McDonald's

Diner Lover!

I also saw that MickyD's was going back to "Fresh not Frozen" meat as their latest public relations hoopla gimmick. I would like to shout: "Way Too late!!!!" As mentioned in a previous post: their burgers were bigger back in the day. The old style Big Mac, that I use to enjoy, had practically two quarter pounders on it. I quit going to McDonalds years ago when I finally came to the realization (like many people have posted) = I can stop at a mom&pop diner and get a beautifully prepared handmade burger with homemade fries and a drink for about $9.00. My favorite Happy Days Diner in Thorndale PA has a signature burger that comes with bacon, mushrooms, Swiss cheese, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, jalapeņo peppers, along with homemade French fries, a small cup of coleslaw, and two huge onion rings. Including the tip I'm out the door for $10.50 and everybody has a HAPPY DAY! I also have to add: the hamburger is prepared exactly as ordered and weighs in at about half a pound. Plus, the folks there are sincerely glad to see me when I walk in the door and know me by name. Buy Local!!! Support your neighbors!!!
    P.S. Find a Diner that has a parking lot full of motorcycles and truckers.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    For the most part, however as we all know many people will stick with an inferior product they know vs risking trying something different...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537