Americade 17

Thread: Americade 17

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    There was some talk of meeting the day before to beat the crowds for a ride. I have a planned day off to make it. If this is something anyone wants to do, I'm in. I could arrange a different day, but I'm looking at keeping it a one day thing.
    Every year I go up but just for the day. Always depends on work but usually Wed or Thurs.

A few of us will head out in the AM and take the scenic way up either RT7 or RT22 to Cambridge and then across to 87 for the last 15miles into Lake George, with a couple stops along the way up that takes just under 4 hrs to get there. We take a quick walk around the Vendors (one of us always needs some little thing) and walk up to Main St for Lunch and head back. That is all I ever have time for but it takes pretty much all day.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Every year I go up but just for the day. Always depends on work but usually Wed or Thurs.

A few of us will head out in the AM and take the scenic way up either RT7 or RT22 to Cambridge and then across to 87 for the last 15miles into Lake George, with a couple stops along the way up that takes just under 4 hrs to get there. We take a quick walk around the Vendors (one of us always needs some little thing) and walk up to Main St for Lunch and head back. That is all I ever have time for but it takes pretty much all day.
    I'm not into that walking around crap...but I do want to ride! I'll follow and see what happens. You know I have no problem starting early and riding all day.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Hope to be there but not with big red. Hoping to take a couple of vintage bikes for display and ride.

My current plan is to ride up 209-N to the thruway on Wed. or Thur. morning (depending on the weather).
    I plan to depart Metamoris rest area 6:30 am arriving in Lake George around 11 am. This should allow for 1 "P" stop, gas, and coffee.
    Then take in the vendors area (I need a new pair of riding gloves) don't forget there is a second vendors area up at the farm that's been growing in size every year.
    Then have a late lunch before heading home.
    If I'm too tired to ride all the way home after doing all that walking and drinking all that coffee I may stay over one night at the Landmark Inn. It's a nice reasonable little 110 room motel with an indoor and outdoor pool complete with a hot tub and free breakfast.
    While there we could put together a meeting spot and co-ordinate via phone.
    But it's all flexible!

I wouldn't mind meeting Dan either in Danbury or further north, but Matamoras at 6:30 ain't happening! I could ride directly to Lake George and try to meet up. I have a physical scheduled on Wednesday, so that's out for me...let's see what happens for Thursday. I'm still open for the Monday before too.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Sounds like we should have two meets.....First one on Monday or Tuesday for riding. Second on Wednesday for Tour Expo and lunch.

For Riding - we can do any of the aforementioned rides depending on your schedules. I am in Bolton Landing all week so my dates/times are open. Plus we can do a barbecue at the hotel I stay at if there is any interest.

For Tour Expo/Lunch - we could meet at a vendors booth. They have quite a few food vendors so we could add lunch there or go to any of the local places (or we could do the barbecue at my hotel).

Good thing we are getting the crappy weather out of the way now!

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post

Good thing we are getting the crappy weather out of the way now!
    Crappy weather?? What crappy weather? Oh you mean Wayne's organic bike wash!
    It's just a spring thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I wouldn't mind meeting Dan either in Danbury or further north, but Matamoras at 6:30 ain't happening! I could ride directly to Lake George and try to meet up. I have a physical scheduled on Wednesday, so that's out for me...let's see what happens for Thursday. I'm still open for the Monday before too.
    Yes, that would be silly for you to ride all the way south just to ride north. I only mentioned my planned route and time schedules so anyone coming from the south or from the immediate area could join up if they had a hankerin.

From my experience there is one stop I make each year on the way up from Matamoras. It's as far as my bladder will carry the morning coffee. Fortunately, there's a gas and rest stop on the NY thruway 7 miles north of the, Kingston, exit that I usually stop at. I'll be there between 8:30 and 9 am. Feeling better, I'm on to Lake George for the 11 o'clock arrival at the grass parking area next to the vendor's area. Dejavu and new gloves.