Americade 17
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Americade 17

Americade 17

Re-starting this thread.......A few folks were looking at getting together during Americade (June 6-10). We had briefly discussed dates and routes but came to no firm conclusion. Some of us go earlier so its possible we can do multiple rides.
    I'll suggest Monday, June 5 for those that are there early for a ride.
    Let us know your schedules and we will figure out a day thats convenient for all.
    Now....where to go????
    1) VT Rt 100 - Ben & Jerry's. - Could also include Lake Champlain ferry or not.
    2)Lake Placid Run -RT 28 etc through the lake region. Back on 73 through Keene Valley
    3) Rt 9N to Sacandaga the RT 4 to RT 28 and 30, south to Old Forge or could take 30N to Rt 8 and back that way

Add other ideas....

Look forward to riding weather!

Do you think I could do this on a one day ride? My vacation days this summer were going to be Fridays and Mondays. If possible, I'd schedule that ride. I think that's a good 4 hours one way for me. Been up there once before.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I think the first question that should be asked has to be, why am I going to Americade?

If your going to see the rally, that is to see the exhibits and vendors, maybe test ride various bikes and trikes, or just experience the fun of the together, you had better plan on spending at least 5 hours plus lunch just for that. Considering most of us will be riding at least 2 hours each way that's a full day right there. Then, from experience, I've learned many of the exhibitors are not fully set up on the starting Monday and the rally doesn't get going until Tuesday at best. I just checked Americade's web site this year the show is not even scheduled to start until Tuesday the 6.

If your going just to ride the beautiful areas suggested, your going to need a full day just for riding. If your going for the riding maybe a better date would be the week after Americade when the crowds are gone and the odds of better weather are in your favor. Just remember Laconia Starts that week and NH traffic lights up.

As for myself I plan on going up for 1 day on Wednesday to see the show improved, then follow up riding NH the following week. All subject to change based on weather and stimulus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    I think the first question that should be asked has to be, why am I going to Americade?

If your going to see the rally, that is to see the exhibits and vendors, maybe test ride various bikes and trikes, or just experience the fun of the together, you had better plan on spending at least 5 hours plus lunch just for that. Considering most of us will be riding at least 2 hours each way that's a full day right there. Then, from experience, I've learned many of the exhibitors are not fully set up on the starting Monday and the rally doesn't get going until Tuesday at best.

If your going to ride the beautiful areas suggested, your going to need a full day just for riding. If your going for the riding maybe a better date would be the week after Americade when the crowds are gone and the odds of better weather are in your favor. Just remember Laconia Starts that week and NH traffic lights up.

As for myself I plan on going up for 1 day on Wednesday to see the show and then follow up riding NH the following week. All subject to change based on weather and stimulus.
    I could care less about the show and booths. I want to ride. If it means I leave at 5am, I'll do it. By June, the sun lit days are long and an all day ride is what I want. It's the damn rain.....Bob, you stay away!

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I could care less about the show and booths. I want to ride. If it means I leave at 5am, I'll do it. By June, the sun lit days are long and an all day ride is what I want. It's the damn rain.....Bob, you stay away!
    Please see change, this year Americade doesn't start until Tuesday the 6. I've been doing that show up there for the past 16 years. I always wondered who brought the rain, hail and snow! You know I don't ride in that stuff. I'm strictly a fair weather sailor.

PS Thanks for telling me there's a strong possibility of rain every Friday and Monday through out the 2017 season.

Hard to believe but Americade is only a month away!
    Anyone going, let me know and we'll set something up

There was some talk of meeting the day before to beat the crowds for a ride. I have a planned day off to make it. If this is something anyone wants to do, I'm in. I could arrange a different day, but I'm looking at keeping it a one day thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    There was some talk of meeting the day before to beat the crowds for a ride. I have a planned day off to make it. If this is something anyone wants to do, I'm in. I could arrange a different day, but I'm looking at keeping it a one day thing.
    Every year I go up but just for the day. Always depends on work but usually Wed or Thurs.

A few of us will head out in the AM and take the scenic way up either RT7 or RT22 to Cambridge and then across to 87 for the last 15miles into Lake George, with a couple stops along the way up that takes just under 4 hrs to get there. We take a quick walk around the Vendors (one of us always needs some little thing) and walk up to Main St for Lunch and head back. That is all I ever have time for but it takes pretty much all day.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Every year I go up but just for the day. Always depends on work but usually Wed or Thurs.

A few of us will head out in the AM and take the scenic way up either RT7 or RT22 to Cambridge and then across to 87 for the last 15miles into Lake George, with a couple stops along the way up that takes just under 4 hrs to get there. We take a quick walk around the Vendors (one of us always needs some little thing) and walk up to Main St for Lunch and head back. That is all I ever have time for but it takes pretty much all day.
    I'm not into that walking around crap...but I do want to ride! I'll follow and see what happens. You know I have no problem starting early and riding all day.

Hope to be there but not with big red. Hoping to take a couple of vintage bikes for display and ride.