Americade 17 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Americade 17

My current plan is to ride up 209-N to the thruway on Wed. or Thur. morning (depending on the weather).
    I plan to depart Metamoris rest area 6:30 am arriving in Lake George around 11 am. This should allow for 1 "P" stop, gas, and coffee.
    Then take in the vendors area (I need a new pair of riding gloves) don't forget there is a second vendors area up at the farm that's been growing in size every year.
    Then have a late lunch before heading home.
    If I'm too tired to ride all the way home after doing all that walking and drinking all that coffee I may stay over one night at the Landmark Inn. It's a nice reasonable little 110 room motel with an indoor and outdoor pool complete with a hot tub and free breakfast.
    While there we could put together a meeting spot and co-ordinate via phone.
    But it's all flexible!

I wouldn't mind meeting Dan either in Danbury or further north, but Matamoras at 6:30 ain't happening! I could ride directly to Lake George and try to meet up. I have a physical scheduled on Wednesday, so that's out for me...let's see what happens for Thursday. I'm still open for the Monday before too.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Sounds like we should have two meets.....First one on Monday or Tuesday for riding. Second on Wednesday for Tour Expo and lunch.

For Riding - we can do any of the aforementioned rides depending on your schedules. I am in Bolton Landing all week so my dates/times are open. Plus we can do a barbecue at the hotel I stay at if there is any interest.

For Tour Expo/Lunch - we could meet at a vendors booth. They have quite a few food vendors so we could add lunch there or go to any of the local places (or we could do the barbecue at my hotel).

Good thing we are getting the crappy weather out of the way now!

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I wouldn't mind meeting Dan either in Danbury or further north, but Matamoras at 6:30 ain't happening! I could ride directly to Lake George and try to meet up. I have a physical scheduled on Wednesday, so that's out for me...let's see what happens for Thursday. I'm still open for the Monday before too.
    Yes, that would be silly for you to ride all the way south just to ride north. I only mentioned my planned route and time schedules so anyone coming from the south or from the immediate area could join up if they had a hankerin.

From my experience there is one stop I make each year on the way up from Matamoras. It's as far as my bladder will carry the morning coffee. Fortunately, there's a gas and rest stop on the NY thruway 7 miles north of the, Kingston, exit that I usually stop at. I'll be there between 8:30 and 9 am. Feeling better, I'm on to Lake George for the 11 o'clock arrival at the grass parking area next to the vendor's area. Dejavu and new gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post

Good thing we are getting the crappy weather out of the way now!
    Crappy weather?? What crappy weather? Oh you mean Wayne's organic bike wash!
    It's just a spring thing.

The weather is still too far out to predict. So far our weather is typical Americade weather, rainy one minute sunny the next. But we are getting close, only a week and a half to go.
    My plans remain steadfast. I'm going on Wed the 7 , or maybe Thur. the 8 , or possibly Fri. the 9 . Will it hail? Will it snow? I sure would like some SUN damn it!!!!

Anybody else thinking about it?

I was hoping for Monday the 5th. Long range forecast has 2 sunny days in it. I might just pass this time.

I'll be there starting this saturday (June 3)...Let me know when and we can get together

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I was hoping for Monday the 5th. Long range forecast has 2 sunny days in it. I might just pass this time.
    The show doesn't start until Tuesday the 6th. I believe you're only going up for the great riding. If that is the case you might want to put it off until later in the month when the carnival isn't in town.
    As for myself, I go to see the show, it's a 3 + hour ride up interrupted by 5 hours of shopping and eating followed by a 3 + hour ride home. That is enough riding for me in one day and I'll be fed and spent.

Now all I need is a day without rain.

Right now, 7 days out, it looks like rain. What a shock. It's going to rain here every other day for the next week just about. Glad I got in nearly 500 in the last two days. She's idle today. I still have a tentative day off from work on the 5th. Have to wait it out.