Americade 17 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Americade 17

I should be up and ready to hit the road by 7 am Thursday. Not in any hurry as I have seen what a moment of lost concentration can lead to..
    Staying until some time Saturday. Anyone around in those days give out a yell, we can meet up.
    Jeff

If anyone is interested. A few guys will be following me up Thursday morning.

We are meeting at 7am at Panera Bread (the old Marcus Dairy in Danbury CT) ...OR... 9am at the NEW Truckstop on RT22 just off 90 (NY Thru way / Mass TPK)

It is just a day ride up, walk the Vendors then lunch and ride back.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Beautiful weather

Drove up today from Jersey from just outside of Philly.
    290 miles 6hrs flat, not a single traffic jam.
    Saw four B's today red, blue, grey and a black one staying at the same motel as me, the Sundowner.
    The weather was amazing and supposed to be 80 tomorrow. It should be great riding weather, can't wait.
    Rod.

Thanks for hunting us down reservebum and zzh54 it was so awesome to meet and really enjoyed our conversations we ended up hitting one loop you mentioned after we hit Warrensburg bike rally
    We met some cool people rode some nice roads (even the rough roads were better than pa's) will definitely go back probably not during americade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    Thanks for hunting us down reservebum and zzh54 it was so awesome to meet and really enjoyed our conversations we ended up hitting one loop you mentioned after we hit Warrensburg bike rally
    We met some cool people rode some nice roads (even the rough roads were better than pa's) will definitely go back probably not during americade.
    Good meeting you and your better half as well.....great week of riding. Saw bunches of our F6B's, many more than in previous years. Maybe they are finally catching on????
    Sat on the new Yamaha tourer...nice looking on person but when I went to move it off the side stand, it really was a big difference. That suckers heavy.
    Tour Expo was noticeably smaller than in previous years.
    I will also be back up there for a non Americade ride. Let me know when and we can set it up. Jeff would probably be into that as well. That area is nice in the fall, so maybe late September?

Jim, as always thanks for the hospitality and the tours. Naga Viper, nice meeting you and your better half. Enjoyed talking with both of you and you put some insight to so questions I had.

I almost had to call you ( Jim ) when we split Friday I went for a ride. Little did I know they don't have gas stations on every corner up there. Got pretty nervy there for a bit. Rode over to Speculator then up to Indian Lake, then over to Blue Mountain Lake then on up to Long lake then looped around on 28N back to motel. Yup, got some miles in there.

If we going to do a F6B rally pre run, for sure I will be in. Rally in the north. Has a nice ring to it.

Anyway, thanks for the rides, and we did have some great weather.. Jeff

I'd love to be a part of an after Americade ride. I have vacation days to use. It's all about timing and weather. I need to give a bit of notice for a weekday.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.