wheels with a shine

Thread: wheels with a shine

wheels with a shine

Once I heard the matt grey referred to as drab. I have always like black cars and bikes but ended up with a grey my second choice because I wanted the cruise control. I also like having spare wheels for my bikes and found a set of GW wheels off e-bay. Got them mounted and dang they combat the drab look a bit. I do like the shiny but miss the stealth look of the black wheels. I welcome comments pro or negative.

Thanks to wiggy for the picture posting help.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Once I heard the matt grey referred to as drab. I have always like black cars and bikes but ended up with a grey my second choice because I wanted the cruise control. I also like having spare wheels for my bikes and found a set of GW wheels off e-bay. Got them mounted and dang they combat the drab look a bit. I do like the shiny but miss the stealth look of the black wheels. I welcome comments pro or negative.
    I like the chrome wheels on the F6B..Wish at times I had them on my 2103 that is custom painted Brandywine Candy Red...Just don't want to spend the bucks right now....

I love the chrome look. If you watch Craigs list you can find deals on GL wheels

T

The wheels look great on your bike.
    I have a 2013 black "B" (not for sale), a 2016 Indian Chief (for sale) & a 2005 Yamaha Road Star 1700 (also for sale) Indian & Yamaha are maxed out with chrome. Both look great when shinned up. Also a 2009 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom (also for sale.) At 74yo maintaining 4 bikes & detailing the chrome has become more work than I want to deal with.
    I've blacked out all the chrome on my black "B." Depending on the amount of bugs, I can detail it in 30 minutes or less.
    I like chrome and lots of it, on other folks rides but not on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I like the look.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I love the chrome look. If you watch Craigs list you can find deals on GL wheels

T
    Jack, that's a fine looking ride...like the red accents from front to back. I'm not a chrome fan, but yours is tastefully done.

I too have the matte gray. I love the black wheels. I think it is all part of that "stealth" look, but the chrome looks cool too. Personal preference...can't go wrong either way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like the wheels, offsets the matte finish real nice!

Mike