FOBO& Tvalve - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FOBO& Tvalve

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    What about the rear wheel? Mighty tight to get to, on the right side....

Oh crap,,,, I should have mentioned only the front was changed, sorry for the lack of information. I guess because I only changed the front the rear didn't come to mind.
    I have a newer Goldwing wheel on the back that has the all metal valve (actually has the Honda TPMS but of course I can't use) so I didn't change the rear, only the front.

I need to remember to put the brain in gear before engaging the typing fingers.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Can't see your pic - NOT! (insert smilie here)

Have you tried to air it up with the lower valve since you have installed it ???? Or are you using the top valve only and think everything is ok? Or.. did you install the T-Valve backwards?

here's a pic of mine...

Yes, no & yes.
    I have aired up both front and rear tires a couple of times as the temps got colder. I did install the front valve backwards (I don't remember why I didn't do the rear that way, too). I use the top valve for the sensor, and the side valve for filling.

Mine looks very similar to yours. I am going to pay more attention next time I air up the rear and see how close I am to having a problem.

I have a rubber spacer between the valve and the tire. That gives me some extra room. I remember that you went back in and tightened yours down some more. If you have the rubber spacer too, maybe it is more compressed that mine. Heck, I dont know.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    Hi, Ken!
    So, after adding all this "stuff" to the wheel, (t-valve, valve extender, tpms) would it concern you at all the amount of balancing weight that would be required? That is assuming no other balancing option is used. Just wondering.
    I'm not Ken, but here is my .02.

I weighed the stock valve verses my new metal T-valve and Sensor. The new valve and sensor weighed precisely 1oz more than the stock valve. I believe that is enough that a compensating weight should be added.

I was lucky and had a 1oz weight right at the valve of one wheel. So, I took that off and put it 180 from the valve on the other wheel.
    Albuquerque, NM

SierraKen
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    Hi, Ken!
    So, after adding all this "stuff" to the wheel, (t-valve, valve extender, tpms) would it concern you at all the amount of balancing weight that would be required? That is assuming no other balancing option is used. Just wondering.
    Dave,
    No,doesn't bother me. I have dynamic balances (Centramatics) on the bike and they take care of the balancing. The "extender" is plastic so there's little weight there. I have run the Centramatics on both my gl1800 and now my 6 and swear by them both for the smoothness and the longer tire life.