Good roadside assistance plan - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good roadside assistance plan

I'm guessing they send me something showing I have a membership. Haven't received anything about being a forum member there yet.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    If you join the AMA, and sign up for 3 years or annually with auto-renew, you get their roadside assistance plan for free. It covers not just your bikes, but your cars and trucks too, and even includes other drivers in the same house. Of course you also get all the other benefits of AMA membership like the magazine, discounts, and the work they do to defend rider's rights. That's a pretty good deal.

+1 for AMA Moto-Tow. Set up automatic renew for my membership and my Motorcycles and Car are covered at no extra cost.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

visa or master card

+1 for AMA...just joined today. Was paying $300 a year with AAA. Differences were AAA 100 mile tow vs 35. AMA gives motorhomes free also. AAA would surcharge motorhomes. And the biggest difference was AMA $250 cheaper a year. If you are way out somewhere I didn't think the 100 mile tow would make any difference vs 35 as it still wouldn't get the bike home or to my mechanic.

No plan here that I pay for. I have a trailer to use if I can just get home to it and my car. I also have friends that I can beg to come get me if needed. I'm a member of our local Southern Cruisers and we have a emergency list of phone numbers that you can call for assistance be it tools or towing and in multiple states as SCRC are pretty much everywhere. But the biggest contributor to not needing a paid for plan is two flats in fifteen years and over 200 thousand miles. I carry a flat repair kit and have only used it once on a friends bike to get him to a shop.