Superbrace

Thread: Superbrace

Superbrace

My bike was not broke but I fixed it anyway. Yep, no problems with tire wear, groove following, handlebar shake, or sloppy feeling in the sweepers. Fine Member and local buddy 53Driver was kind enough to loan me a Superbrace to try out. Got it installed with ease and with only a short shake down ride to make sure handling did not get worse before reinstalling the front fender, I notice no discernible difference. It is all back together so will give it some more miles before final conclusion. Small advantages so far are it looks more serious than the stock fork guard and I got rid of that crappy little plastic push pin in the middle of the OEM guard. If I had purchased it, improvement or not I would not remove and return for my total satisfaction guarantee that is offered. Just one more opinion, your results may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    My bike was not broke but I fixed it anyway. Yep, no problems with tire wear, groove following, handlebar shake, or sloppy feeling in the sweepers. Fine Member and local buddy 53Driver was kind enough to loan me a Superbrace to try out. Got it installed with ease and with only a short shake down ride to make sure handling did not get worse before reinstalling the front fender, I notice no discernible difference. It is all back together so will give it some more miles before final conclusion. Small advantages so far are it looks more serious than the stock fork guard and I got rid of that crappy little plastic push pin in the middle of the OEM guard. If I had purchased it, improvement or not I would not remove and return for my total satisfaction guarantee that is offered. Just one more opinion, your results may vary.
    Great opening line! My bike is so stock it's not funny. I was the same way with my previous. I don't know...I'm truly happy the way it is. Maybe it could be better, but I don't want to do what you just did. My trial won't be free! Thanks for the share.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Interesting post...I am still not on board with these "Superbraces" as my bike works fine for me and my riding style...I know there are those that think they are "the cats meow", others don't seem to notice much difference...Most of the riders I have talked with around me, don't use them and see no need, but many that have them claim they make a difference..I have no opinion either way and would like to hear your thoughts after you ride your bike a while with the brace on....Regards and ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Interesting post...I am still not on board with these "Superbraces" as my bike works fine for me and my riding style...I know there are those that think they are "the cats meow", others don't seem to notice much difference...Most of the riders I have talked with around me, don't use them and see no need, but many that have them claim they make a difference..I have no opinion either way and would like to hear your thoughts after you ride your bike a while with the brace on....Regards and ride safe
    Add me to the "don't notice much difference" crowd. I installed the SB over the Winter and put about 400 miles on during the Feb. Spring we had. Maybe if I had ridden back to back with and without I would have noticed something different. Anyway, it didn't hurt anything so I'm leaving it on. Same with the "anti-dive shim". Both can be used for "parking lot talking points".

Agreeing to disagree. :-)

I've had a SB on my front end for some time now, and from day one, I discovered an improvement in handling. In my day-to-day ride I think it's almost imperceptible. Where it shines is in the cornering at speed. When I'm out of town and into the hills, the bike definitely feels more "planted" or sure footed... especially on those nice long sweepers. The fork flex that makes the steering and handling feel a little squishy is gone. I absolutely felt it immediately after I installed it. I took it off briefly when I had the bike into the shop for a fork seal replacement (warranty)... and considered leaving it off after I installed HeliBars. But it's back on now to stay. It's arguably not a huge difference, but I do feel it. My already impressive ride got a little bit better with it. (My suspension is stock f/r, by the way.)

Ride safe, everyone! 
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Wink

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Some simple comments ....
    Your Experience may vary from your fellow rider.

Several factors will magnify the sloppiness, high mileage tires, worn or lose head bearings, old or low fork fluid, fork flex, inaccurately tightened axle etc.

Just give it some time.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Add me to the "don't notice much difference" crowd. I installed the SB over the Winter and put about 400 miles on during the Feb. Spring we had. Maybe if I had ridden back to back with and without I would have noticed something different. Anyway, it didn't hurt anything so I'm leaving it on. Same with the "anti-dive shim". Both can be used for "parking lot talking points".
    I should probably add that 90% of my riding is done locally where we have no curves or hills. Well, there is a curve 16 miles from my house, but you get the idea. I'll get a better feel for the SB when I get to SE Ohio & VA later this year.