Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
Hey Mike,

I just returned from a Texas ride. The bluebonnets in the hill country are struggling this year, there was some early warm weather and then a cold snap and the blue bonnets and indian paint brush tried to bloom and then got bit back so not as many this year. The area around Fredricksburg is very popular in the Spring especially the Willow City loop. The Twisted Sisters around Leakey is one of Texas' most popular rides and this is the best time of year for it. I stopped at Luckenbach on my way home and everything there is very green and pretty.

If you have time to wander on your way to Arizona New Mexico Highway 152 from I-25 to Silver City is a great ride. From Silver city take Us-180 to NM-78 west into Arizona. Once in Arizona US-191 (the Devil's Highway) from Morenci to Alpine is one of Arizona's premier rides. The Devil's Highway tops out at 9200 feet so bring warm gear. From Alpine you can continue north to Eagar and pickup Az-260 west to Show Low and Payson and then Az-87 south to Fountain Hills and Phoenix and then on to Casa Grande.

While in Arizona if you have the time head up to Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon. Canyon de Chelly on the Navajo reservation is also a great area to ride. In New Mexico the area north of Taos around Red River has some great motorcycle roads.

When in Phoenix if you have a time to kill give me a holler and maybe we can hook up.

Az wingrider
How's 60/77 down to Globe? Looks like really great rodes!

Mike