F6B Rack - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B Rack

Ordered a rack from Dave yesterday. He sent me some photos. Looks like it will hold about a 100 lb. feral hog. Like I told my last girlfriend............NICE RACK!

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Wish I'd have seen this yesterday! Just ordered the Show Chrome model yesterday with reservations.

Mike
    Well, you can always return it.

Got Dale's rack yesterday and installed it tonight. I will say that it's the pussies whiskers for sure. I did have some issues, BUT NOT WITH THE RACK. I talked to Dale and he ushered me through an issue with Honda's apparent lack of QC with the sub-rack under the rear shroud that the screw posts are attached to. The back rest attaches with 4 black bolts into those threaded posts and the left and right posts are attached to a bracket that is under the shroud. My crew in Japan must have had a little to much sake at lunch and didn't properly align the right side bracket, thereby making it a pain in my butt to get the rack smoothly bolted down into the posts. The right front and back screw posts were too far to the left by about 3/16" and instead of taking the entire back end of the bike apart, which Dale told me how to do, I opted to enlarge the right holes on his rack so the bolts would have some extra room to the left of the stock rack holes. I took the trusty Dremel and then a round file and enlarged those holes about 3 to 4mm and on she went like custom made Leddy boots (made in Ft.Worth and a 12 month wait). Dale mentioned that a number of his customers have not had a problem. Murphy's Law does come into play at times. I will say that Dale's rack feels like I could lift the bike off the ground from the rack. It is CNC machined and the powder coating is superb. Not a blem or flaw anywhere on the rack...top or bottom. I have no doubt it could hold 4 cases of beer and 3 briskets in a cooler for a nice weekend trip to Big Bend. Hat's off to Dale, his awesome customer service, and a gem of a rack thrown in for good measure. ...............11 out of 10 stars from me......

Dales Rack---Photos

Got some pics of Dales rack installed. I highly recommend this one. Rock solid and most likely tour-pack ready.

I think that rack looks very versatile. Many tie down points. But aesthetically it is very ugly; due to the myriad arrangement of holes and slots. I think that a nice cover stretched over it would improve the look; when and if it's not being actively used.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

You're probably right about the looks. It's off when not used and not seen when covered up. With the holes in the rack, I might try cooking some vertical jalapeno's stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with bacon on the Weber. This rack has some practical uses, IMO. I looked and looked for the MP3 ? rack that taxfree4 has but to no avail and didn't want the chrome bling out back so I went with Dale's.

What is the price on this?
    2015 matte silver F6B

Rack was $175 + shipping from Olympia, WA.......$18 comes to mind.

That is a large piece of real estate there, you could pretty much haul the Taj Mahal AND a 12-pack on that one.
    It would be perfect for an extended camping trip, room for the tent, sleeping back, camping gear, etc.
    May have to re-think the hex-head bolts, a black acorn nut might be a bit more subtle??

The size of that reminds me of the guy from Australia who used a piece of CDX plywood and painted it black, knots and all.
    Don't even remember his name now, but he was hilarious.

Anyway, I'm going to grab one, much more functional the the OEM size.

The bolts and spacers come with the rack. The rear bolts are about 3 inches long and the front ones about 2.5 inches. The spacers fit into the back rest holes (if you have one). Acorn tops would be great if you can find some the correct length and in 8mm standard pitch. I'll probably get some hex head black bolts. Dale sends the ones shown in the pics. As explained earlier, do a test fit to make sure the factory brackets under the shroud are in alignment. Mine were not, so instead of taking the shroud off the back to realign the internal brackets, I chose to enlarge both right holes in the rack about 3-4mm, then it fit fine. If you look at the back rest holes on the right side, those are oval from Honda, where the left holes are round. Now I know why they are oval. ..........Just realized that acorn nuts won't work, as the bolts go down through the rack, the spacers, and tighten into the stock threaded receivers. Not seeing how acorns would work on top, nothing for them to screw onto up top.