Hello Dolly? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Dolly?

Well....after a lot of time spent on the matter (and finally getting a response from Condor), I ordered a Condor 'Garage Dolly' a couple days ago. It is currently enroute and is scheduled for delivery on Thursday (if UPS is to believed...and they rarely are)

Not my first choice, this one....but, for a number of reasons, this is the one that was ultimately best suited to my particular situation.

There is one main issue that troubles me, however. I am wondering about the advisability of standing your bike upright for extended periods using only the front wheel. I should think that this would put undue stress and strain on the forks and the fork seals....eventually causing early failure.

What do you think? Is this an issue, or am I worrying for nothing?

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    Well....after a lot of time spent on the matter (and finally getting a response from Condor), I ordered a Condor 'Garage Dolly' a couple days ago. It is currently enroute and is scheduled for delivery on Thursday (if UPS is to believed...and they rarely are)Not my first choice, this one....but, for a number of reasons, this is the one that was ultimately best suited to my particular situation. There is one main issue that troubles me, however. I am wondering about the advisability of standing your bike upright for extended periods using only the front wheel. I should think that this would put undue stress and strain on the forks and the fork seals....eventually causing early failure.

What do you think? Is this an issue, or am I worrying for nothing?....sT

I honestly think once standing upright there is very little side load. Think about when you are stopped and balancing the bike. It takes very little to hold it there, BUT
    I see a nice tie down point built into the front of the dolly so for long periods you could put a strap on each side.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.