Trip prep...

Thread: Trip prep...

Trip prep...

Parts started arriving today. Show Chrome luggage rack, grip puppies, led brake lights, torq loopz. Tomorrow my risers should be here.

Installed the rack, what a hassle. Installed brake lights, now have radio interference. Grip puppies, air compressor works wonders.

Tomorrow I'll get the loopz & risers put on. Looking forward to a test ride when done!

Mike

Trip prep

Mike

Good luck with all the mods. I would definitely get in some test riding, there is nothing worse than leaving on a ride and discovering some of your recent modifications have hurt the comfort or rideability of your bike. Don't forget a good tire repair kit and plenty of water. Arizona will be warm.

Have a great ride

I learned a LONG time ago, no major maintenance right before a trip! Rainy all day today, windy tomorrow, but Thursday will be my day. I've got the tire plugger, but I'll probably be bringing the old foot pump along since I haven't wired in a 12v lighter plug yet for the little compressor.

Mike

Installed the loopz & mbl risers. In the garage, the risers feel great. Loopz helped the sound on the 6 2 6 cobras without removing a baffle. Install was straightforward, but the exhaust covers are a freaking joke! Not sure everything want to tackle that again! Makes my HD's look stupid simple to work on!

Mike

Grip puppies

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Grip puppies, air compressor works wonders.
    My grip puppies just arrived. Could you elaborate a bit on how you used compressed air to put them on? I was just going to do the soap/water slide on. I'd rather not have that stuff left in between, so an alternative would be great. Thanks.

Slip the puppy on as far as you can, use your palm to "pop" the long end. This little pressure pop will start the puppy over the grip. The use air under the grip, seal the end of the puppy with your palm, squirt air, push the puppy with your palm. Once you get it on to the bar weight, put the air in the weight end and pull or grab the puppy and push on where you want it. 5 minutes max for both, no slip, no mess.

Mike

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Slip the puppy on as far as you can, use your palm to "pop" the long end. This little pressure pop will start the puppy over the grip. The use air under the grip, seal the end of the puppy with your palm, squirt air, push the puppy with your palm. Once you get it on to the bar weight, put the air in the weight end and pull or grab the puppy and push on where you want it. 5 minutes max for both, no slip, no mess.

Mike

Mike
    Great!! Thanks!

Weeeelllll! Took a ride this AM, the loopz made a definite difference in performance! Absolutely NO drone! I left all the baffles in, but may remove some and see how I like it. I can hear it on acceleration, but steady cruise she's pretty quiet. The bar risers feel pretty good too. Overall I'm happy with the changes!

Mike