2017 F6B Production?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 F6B Production?

2017 F6B Production?

Has anyone heard confirmation that 2016 will be the last year of production for the F6B in the US? It's not listed on Honda Powersports as a 2017 model and my local dealer said he's heard nothing
    I do see Honda Powersports Canada lists the 2017 available in Matte Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGen View Post
    Has anyone heard confirmation that 2016 will be the last year of production for the F6B in the US? It's not listed on Honda Powersports as a 2017 model and my local dealer said he's heard nothing
    I do see Honda Powersports Canada lists the 2017 available in Matte Silver.
    Nothing but rumor at this point, but if I were a betting man I would say the F6B is history!!!....mainly due to poor sales and lack of interest in the North American market.....JMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Nothing but rumor at this point, but if I were a betting man I would say the F6B is history!!!....mainly due to poor sales and lack of interest in the North American market.....JMHO...
    +1

No reason to keep producing something not selling. My local Honda Dealer still has a 2013 Black F6B new unsold sitting on the showroom floor.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

The F6B never really took off due to the MSRP. Take a full Wing, and tally up all of the "stuff" they removed to make in into a F6B, and you end up with a rather large list of items, the total cost of those items is fairly substantial, so if Honda had a MSRP of $13,999.00, they would be sold out, and at $12,999.00, there would be a waiting list.
    ....And Honda would still make money.

I'd bet there will be a waiting list on the new BMW K1600 bagger.

Maybe so, but I just saw the ad for the new" 2017 Indian Chieftain Elite", a nice looking ride and all, but "WOW" MSRP of almost $32,000...."ouch" and not for me...My 2013 F6B is just as nice, if not nicer, faster, smoother, handles better, and is one hell of lot cheaper!!!......

Maybe so, but I just saw the ad for the new" 2017 Indian Chieftain Elite", a nice looking ride and all, but "WOW" MSRP of almost $32,000...."ouch" and not for me...My 2013 F6B is just as nice, if not nicer, faster, smoother, handles better, and is one hell of lot cheaper!!!......
    I would imagine my fast black F6B would be $32,000.00 if it came with a decent factory paint job?

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    I would imagine my fast black F6B would be $32,000.00 if it came with a decent factory paint job?
    Thought you were going to have your bike custom painted by the dealer up North???..If your going to keep it why not and then the factory paint will not bother you so much...Ride safe my friend....After all it is only money!!!

Not for me either. I think this Chieftain is hideous. The area under the seat reminds me of a Vespa.
    Really wonder how many of those units they're going to sell at that price? Polaris has completely fallen off my radar since they ditched Victory.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Not for me either. I think this Chieftain is hideous. The area under the seat reminds me of a Vespa.
    Really wonder how many of those units they're going to sell at that price? Polaris has completely fallen off my radar since they ditched Victory.

In my humble opinion, the Harley Street Glide is just as good in all aspects as this "new" Indian and is $8,000 cheaper and has more dealers, etc....I personally think all these V-twin manufacturers must have millionaire's for marketing people who assume that most folks can spend over $32,000 on a motorcycle with fancy paint!!!....I suppose many can, but not this old boy......I'd rather have a Mustang....Ride safe

Thought you were going to have your bike custom painted by the dealer up North???..If your going to keep it why not and then the factory paint will not bother you so much...Ride safe my friend....After all it is only money!!!
    Wanted to get that done over this past winter, but....had a bad case of trailer theft, too expensive to take a cab back home.
    @%^&, I gotta move further away from Detroit!