Mustang seat
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mustang seat

Mustang seat

Curious to know how those seats are. I know some are riding them , do you like it? Pros and cons? Thanks in advance for the info.

A pain to install. Fits me like a glove. About 1" lower and little further back. Make sure you use a good water proofer or you will get a wet seat inside. JMO cueman

Definitely makes you feel more apart of the bike and the 1" drop made a big difference in putting my feet down. That being said I'm not totally sold on the seat but I've read/heard that the ones for the B take a bit to break in.

Just ordered a Mustang seat. Do I really need to worry about waterproofing the new one? Never had an issue with the stock seat getting wet. Just thought that the Mustang would be as waterproof as the OEM seat.

Quote Originally Posted by billsim View Post
    Just ordered a Mustang seat. Do I really need to worry about waterproofing the new one? Never had an issue with the stock seat getting wet. Just thought that the Mustang would be as waterproof as the OEM seat.
    Stock seat....no seams.
    Mustang seat....seams.
    Mink oil on the seams.
    Word.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Thanks for the explanation. Wish Mustang had one without seams. Even though my bike never gets wet, now I am going to worry about getting the seat wet.

RDL

Take a look at the Russell Day Long. Custom made to fit you & your butt. I've got 2, love both. I rode my V-Strom 9 hours, 7 in pouring rain. When I got off my butt was smiling. My bad back didn't complain.
    RDL's made hundreds of GW seats. Check out their site. You chose your material, style & color. Only bad part is, they have to use your seat pan. You're out of a ride for 2, maybe 3 weeks. Well worth every penny & wait.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    Take a look at the Russell Day Long. Custom made to fit you & your butt. I've got 2, love both. I rode my V-Strom 9 hours, 7 in pouring rain. When I got off my butt was smiling. My bad back didn't complain.
    RDL's made hundreds of GW seats. Check out their site. You chose your material, style & color. Only bad part is, they have to use your seat pan. You're out of a ride for 2, maybe 3 weeks. Well worth every penny & wait.
    Not so good if your "short of inseam" although..Great for taller riders that spend many hours on road trips and long rides...Mustang works great for me and is still fine after 3 + years....Ride safe

Mustang in Luckenbach on Saturday. All is good...

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Mustang in Luckenbach on Saturday. All is good...
    You say "Hi" to "Waylon, Willie and the Boys"?