Mustang seat - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mustang seat

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Mustang seats are great but ,yes they can be a "pain in the butt" to install on some bikes for some reason...Order the tapered seat bolts from Rick at Value Accessories , a sponsor on this board, and it will eliminate 99% of the install issues....I speak from experience!!!
    Thanx for the Tip Opas ! The seat came in 4 days early and I got it last night. Gonna try it without the tapered bolts,but excellent to have a plan 'B'

I bought the Mustang when they came out in 2013. Have 1100 mile riding days on it. On previous motorcycles, I always had a backrest. I have not needed one with this seat. I really like mine and it still looks like new after almost 4 years and over 30,000 miles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Ray H View Post
    I just pulled my old Mustang seat off the storage shelf today and reinstalled it after running the stock seat for a few months. I needed to install one of Dale Gray's F6B racks anyway. I now have my F6B triked by Hannigan, but the support of the Mustang still feels good. Might just send the stock seat up to Day Long for one of their custom alterations. Been drooling over their seats for some 40 yrs now after sitting on one just once. Enjoy your new seat and installation does get easier after you've done it a couple of times.
    I have both the Mustang and RDL seats and like them both. I love the look of the mustang and use it for daily use but switch to the Day Long for trips as you can not beat the comfort. If you go to their site and click on the Honda gallery, that is my F6B showing the tan and brown leather seat on the opening page. Can not praise them enough and it's true, you get what you pay for. They are not cheap but are worth it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Alternative to the Mustang

I sold my Mustang for a softer, more leather-like feeling seat from Saddleman. It was great but I sold my bike with the OEM so I still have the Saddleman as well as a couple of dark tinted screens if anyone wants to buy them cheap: $100 each plus shipping.

Ultimate

I wanted a backrest. So, I purchased an Ultimate King seat. I could ride for days on it. Super comfy. You will still have to seal the seams or get the waterproof cover.