Mustang seat - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mustang seat

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    You say "Hi" to "Waylon, Willie and the Boys"?
    Waylon is dead, and Willie has been missing some gigs...

I chose the Mustang seat to get a little closer to the ground. A 30" inseam leaves my heels in the air. It would be a real confidence boost to get that 1" lower seat. Been avoiding taking the wife along on my rides because of the tippy toe stops.

I've use Doc Bailey's Leather Black on my Mustang seat and my bike has sat in the rain several times while parked at work. The seams seem to be sealed pretty well
    as I've never experienced wetness.

My seat also looks like new after almost a year and a half of use.

Not affiliated but am a very satisfied customer. Just a little of the product goes a long way.

http://www.leatherclear.com/cgi-bin/store/pid_01.htm
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Hartco

Well I ordered a Hartco seat today. I prefer a backrest so I decided against Mustang. Mark said it would be about 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    Well I ordered a Hartco seat today. I prefer a backrest so I decided against Mustang. Mark said it would be about 30 days.
    I have no experience with Hartco Seats personally and I'm sure they are fine seats. I've read the info on the F6b seat and it seems as tho they are constructed with support
    in all the right places etc.

BUT....It only shows two styles of seats for the B....a velour version(no thanks) and what appears to be a gray seat. Hmmm, where is the BLACK LEATHER option? It would seem that to be a no brainer. Do they not offer that or am I just missing something?

I have a Mustang Day Tripper seat that I'm happy enough with but just decided to check out the Hartco because I couldn't remember what they looked like.

Which style did you get?
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Hartco

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    I have no experience with Hartco Seats personally and I'm sure they are fine seats. I've read the info on the F6b seat and it seems as tho they are constructed with support
    in all the right places etc.

BUT....It only shows two styles of seats for the B....a velour version(no thanks) and what appears to be a gray seat. Hmmm, where is the BLACK LEATHER option? It would seem that to be a no brainer. Do they not offer that or am I just missing something?

I have a Mustang Day Tripper seat that I'm happy enough with but just decided to check out the Hartco because I couldn't remember what they looked like.

Which style did you get?
    I got black vynal wit no stitching. You can get two different patterns if you want. I also added the driver backrest. Look at the goldwing seats and it shows more options. This will be made to fit me and foam mixed for my weight.

I just ordered a new Mustang from EBAY. I went to the Mustang website but they are saying 4 weeks before they will be in stock and of course I want it now :-)
    I've read they are a pain to install and I get that. Does anyone know if the stock bolts work or should I worry about ordering special bolts for the new seat?

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    I just ordered a new Mustang from EBAY. I went to the Mustang website but they are saying 4 weeks before they will be in stock and of course I want it now :-)
    I've read they are a pain to install and I get that. Does anyone know if the stock bolts work or should I worry about ordering special bolts for the new seat?
    Mustang seats are great but ,yes they can be a "pain in the butt" to install on some bikes for some reason...Order the tapered seat bolts from Rick at Value Accessories , a sponsor on this board, and it will eliminate 99% of the install issues....I speak from experience!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    I just pulled my old Mustang seat off the storage shelf today and reinstalled it after running the stock seat for a few months. I needed to install one of Dale Gray's F6B racks anyway. I now have my F6B triked by Hannigan, but the support of the Mustang still feels good. Might just send the stock seat up to Day Long for one of their custom alterations. Been drooling over their seats for some 40 yrs now after sitting on one just once. Enjoy your new seat and installation does get easier after you've done it a couple of times.
    Ray

2013 F6B Deluxe with Hannigan Trike Kit (all repainted metallic silver)
    2007 EZGO Electric Golf Cart

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    I had a Hartco on my 2004 Wing. I wasn't crazy about the velour material but at that time, that's all Mark had according to the envelope he sent me for samples. I did some long rides with that seat and it did it's job. Did pull one 900 miler with it heading back to Texas from north of Denver in 2005 and I was whipped, the BUTT was just fine. It's been a few years, but I'd give Hartco a.....