2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2) - Page 11
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    To all ....
    Regretfully, I will not be attending the Rally this year again.
    Last year 3 weeks before the 2016 Rally my wife ended up in the hospital ICU for 2 weeks followed by months battling the return of Breast Cancer. I lost my wife this year not long ago. She was only 58 years old.
    She was the reason why I was able to attend and have the pleasure of meeting so many great friends from around the country on many rallies from several motorcycle forums. My wife held the fort in place while I played (I did the same for when she went on Horse riding adventures with her girlfriends). Sadly in the last 12 months I have only put 150 miles on the GoldWing.

At this moment I have responsibilities that I cannot leave unattended for more then 2 days. I am working on reducing my work load and hopefully be able to ride again in 2018.

For those of you that have lost a spouse, you can relate on how there is a time that your mind just doesn't want to do anything, the grieving process and coming home to an empty home is at times overwhelming. There are times that I just want to say "F-CK IT" and walk away from everything... but I can't, it's just not me. Time will tell.

PLEASE have a great time, please be safe and enjoy each other at the rally..... tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Cheers to all of you

So sorry to hear Tony,
    God bless.
    Sorry we wont be seeing you THIS year, stay well and hopefully see you again soon.
    I wont ramble on and on like normal, LOL But THANK YOU for all you have always done.
    Thoughts and prayers to you.

Your friend
    Todd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Todd (firetech)

To all ....
    Last year 3 weeks before the 2016 Rally my wife ended up in the hospital ICU for 2 weeks followed by months battling the return of Breast Cancer. I lost my wife this year not long ago. She was only 58 years old.
    She was the reason why I was able to attend and have the pleasure of meeting so many great friends from around the country on many rallies from several motorcycle forums. My wife held the fort in place while I played (I did the same for when she went on Horse riding adventures with her girlfriends). Sadly in the last 12 months I have only put 150 miles on the GoldWing.

:
    My thoughts and healing prayers are on their way through the cosmos for you and your family.

I look forward to meeting you next year.

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    i am coming from Winnipeg Canada - looking forward to meeting all of you and hope to have a great time. i'm bunking in with another person as i was too late in booking a room. See yah all soon. . ..

Bunny

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GaTeach
    To all ....

At this moment I have responsibilities that I cannot leave unattended for more then 2 days. I am working on reducing my work load and hopefully be able to ride again in 2018.

For those of you that have lost a spouse, you can relate on how there is a time that your mind just doesn't want to do anything, the grieving process and coming home to an empty home is at times overwhelming. There are times that I just want to say "F-CK IT" and walk away from everything... but I can't, it's just not me. Time will tell.

PLEASE have a great time, please be safe and enjoy each other at the rally..... tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Cheers to all of you
    Condolences...

To all ....

Cheers to all of you
    My condolences, sir.

Rides

Bear with a dumb newbie question, but will there be quasi organized rides at the rally? If so, are there maps, or even better yet, .gpx files that I can preload into my Garmin?

good question

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Bear with a dumb newbie question, but will there be quasi organized rides at the rally? If so, are there maps, or even better yet, .gpx files that I can preload into my Garmin?
    i was wondering that myself - i would like to know also where the planned rides are o i can look on the map and get excited as to where i am going and what i will see.

Bunny

2017 Rally

I'm in, just got booked at The Vacation Lodge.

GaTeach
    i was wondering that myself - i would like to know also where the planned rides are o i can look on the map and get excited as to where i am going and what i will see.

Bunny
    Best riding anywhere ever. You will love every mile. And Suezanna Settle knows that area like the back of her hand so you're in great shape.

Cherohala
    Blue Ridge Parkway
    GSMNP
    Foothills Parkway
    Dragon

.gpx routes

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    i was wondering that myself - i would like to know also where the planned rides are o i can look on the map and get excited as to where i am going and what i will see. Bunny
    I'm terribly sorry but I have not made it to that level of technology yet.
    There are some rides posted here in my post from 5/31/17
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...p-Things-to-Do
    The Google map links should give you the routes...maybe you can import it somehow???

And lord willing & the creek don't rise, we'll be tackling a few of them as small groups.
    If you are so inclined, I am looking for ride leaders...

Cheers,
    Steve