2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2) - Page 13
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2)

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Another motorcycle map set that is very extensive for the Smokies is https://americaridesmaps.com/ I have the 9 map set and it is very useful in finding the small out of the way roads.
    Also, this is a HUGE motorcycle destination (if you've never been to this area, you will soon know why) and there are free maps everywhere.

Honestly, you don't need a map. You're in the mountains. Just ride. Every road is amazing.

Can't make it.

Steve,

Please take my name off the list of attendees. I have to, regretfully, bow out of this one since I will be in the midst of moving. I hate to miss the rally, but after I move, I'll be able to get to great motorcycle roads before the temperature gauge starts to rise. Everyone else will have to divvy up the fun that I would have had.

allen

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I'm terribly sorry but I have not made it to that level of technology yet.
    There are some rides posted here in my post from 5/31/17
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...p-Things-to-Do
    The Google map links should give you the routes...maybe you can import it somehow???

And lord willing & the creek don't rise, we'll be tackling a few of them as small groups.
    If you are so inclined, I am looking for ride leaders...

Cheers,
    Steve
    Hey Steve, as I told you originally, I am up for leading a ride over the Cherohala on Friday if you need me to. I live up here 7 months of the year outside Waynesville and have been up here every summer most of my life. Here is the route I originally planned: I am thinking of a ride down Walden Creek Rd from Pigeon forge. It comes out at the entrance to the Foothills Parkway. Across the Foothills parkway to 129. West on 129 to 72 and west to 411. South on 411 to 360. South on 360 to 165 which turns into 143 which is the Cherohala parkway. Across the Cherohala to Horseshoe Cove Rd/Santeetlah/Joyce Kilmer rd. and back to 129. (Optional lunch in Robbinsville @ my friend Lynn's Place restaurant) Take 129 across the Dragon. Take Happy Valley Rd up the back way to the top of the Foothills Parkway and back to 321 and Pigeon Forge. Let me know if you need me to do this. Thanks again for all of your organizing and work. Bob

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    Hey Steve, as I told you originally, I am up for leading a ride over the Cherohala on Friday if you need me to. I live up here 7 months of the year outside Waynesville and have been up here every summer most of my life. Here is the route I originally planned: I am thinking of a ride down Walden Creek Rd from Pigeon forge. It comes out at the entrance to the Foothills Parkway. Across the Foothills parkway to 129. West on 129 to 72 and west to 411. South on 411 to 360. South on 360 to 165 which turns into 143 which is the Cherohala parkway. Across the Cherohala to Horseshoe Cove Rd/Santeetlah/Joyce Kilmer rd. and back to 129. (Optional lunch in Robbinsville @ my friend Lynn's Place restaurant) Take 129 across the Dragon. Take Happy Valley Rd up the back way to the top of the Foothills Parkway and back to 321 and Pigeon Forge. Let me know if you need me to do this. Thanks again for all of your organizing and work. Bob

Beautiful ride!!!! And yes! Big thanks to 53.

Bob that does include some really nice roads I know and one new one that I was already planning to explore. Waldon Creek Rd. It looks to be less than 200 miles so time to do some more exploring or something else for the day. Do you plan to leave the motel and cut over to Waldon on Little Cove Rd.? Another question is the northern, exit that is one way, Old Caves Cove Rd (to Townsend from Cades Cove) open and good enough for bikes? Or do you have to backtrack to Laurel Creek.

Bob!
    You got it!

Cheers!
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Bob that does include some really nice roads I know and one new one that I was already planning to explore. Waldon Creek Rd. It looks to be less than 200 miles so time to do some more exploring or something else for the day. Do you plan to leave the motel and cut over to Waldon on Little Cove Rd.? Another question is the northern, exit that is one way, Old Caves Cove Rd (to Townsend from Cades Cove) open and good enough for bikes? Or do you have to backtrack to Laurel Creek.
    Those 200 miles will eat up most of the day. Many of the roads we will be on are very curvy and you do not average much speed through parts of it. The Dragon for instance is only posted @ 30 mph. Should be a great day. I was on the Cherohala two days ago and it was 65 degrees.
    I will get together with Steve on the 30th when he gets up here and cement plans for staging everyone and we will let everyone know about the details.
    Concerning Old Cades Cove Rd, I am not sure. My sister lives in Townsend so I am over there fairly often. I was over @ Tuckaleechee Caverns last fall and it was open then but have not been down that road since the fires last fall so I can not answer that question.

Bob!
    You got it!

Cheers!
    Steve
    I will give you a call the evening of the 29th when you get up here and will run over on the morning of the 30th and we will get together and cement the logistics of staging the ride. Things are crazy up here right now with the Eclipse on Monday. Have a safe trip up.
    Blessings, Bob

I will give you a call the evening of the 29th when you get up here and will run over on the morning of the 30th and we will get together and cement the logistics of staging the ride. Things are crazy up here right now with the Eclipse on Monday. Have a safe trip up.
    Blessings, Bob
    Bob,
    I'll be up there the morning of the 30th to supervise tent erection.
    If I told you the 29th, my apologies as I had my room days incorrect on my calendar....

I'll be available for a call whenever on that day!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Bob,
    I'll be up there the morning of the 30th to supervise tent erection.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Wait , what?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"