Where too in the NE?? - Page 8
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Where too in the NE??

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Funny stuff.....my bike has been washed once since I've had it and my friend did it!
    That's what I've been saying Mother Nature seems to be your friend !!

But please plan to ride 1 up on the 26. Or at least find another date. We only have seventeen days to go!

Forecast for today temps in upper 40's. Tonight 2" of snow, temps in the 20's. Friday night low of 10 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post

But please plan to ride 1 up on the 26. Or at least find another date. We only have seventeen days to go!

Forecast for today temps in upper 40's. Tonight 2" of snow, temps in the 20's. Friday night low of 10 degrees.
    Quit complaining and move to Florida:>):>):>):>)

We have 3-6 forecast with more next Tuesday and Wednesday....temps aren't leaving the 40's for the next 2 weeks. I hope to see some mid to upper 50's before I have a 12 hour ride to do!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Quit complaining and move to Florida:>):>):>):>)
    Bob, don't get me wrong, I ain't complaining. I've already had 4 days of riding in 60+ degrees so far this year. Even if it did interfere with my nap time.

I just enjoy giving condolences to those less fortunate working stiffs who keep our country going by riding on a forced schedule and usually in the rain, snow, or cold.

As far as moving to Florida goes. That ain't ever going to happen. I think I mentioned before I use to run my boat down to Key West every winter for 8 years back in the 80s when it was still nice down there. Now it's just one big flat strip mall from Jacksonville south!! Then if you stay down there from May until November it's too hot to ride in the day light between the freshet showers. Worst of all the pitter patter of rain drops hitting the bike changes to the split splat of bugs hitting your face shield and marring the bike's finish.

We have 3-6 forecast with more next Tuesday and Wednesday....temps aren't leaving the 40's for the next 2 weeks. I hope to see some mid to upper 50's before I have a 12 hour ride to do!
    How does Sunday, April 2, look for you? You know the day after April fool's day!! (Damn the icons still not working LOL.)

How does Sunday, April 2, look for you? You know the day after April fool's day!! (Damn the icons still not working LOL.)
    Don't cancel on my behalf....if it's nice enough for you, go for it. If it's nice enough for me, I'll be there.

Don't cancel on my behalf....if it's nice enough for you, go for it. If it's nice enough for me, I'll be there.
    You know I won't cancel until Wed. the 22, two days after the equinox, and the official first day of spring. I'm just trying to get a feel for the majorities schedules.

If it helps I definitely canceled this morning ride. There is 10" of new snow on the ground and it's 6 degrees outside. Now I just have to decide should I go to the St."P" parade in Scranton or do I go cross country skiing? Maybe a morning nap will make my decision making easier.

How does May 7th look????

2 Sunday's I can't make...April 30, and May 21st. All others are doable.

2 Sunday's I can't make...April 30, and May 21st. All others are doable.
    Thanks Wayne, at least we now have a promise of at least 2 days of temps in the mid 70's and totally rain free!

Today's forecast: This morning, as I write this, it's 6 degrees F warming to 28 later this afternoon. Tomorrow morning should be warmer in the lower 20's. UPS is currently scheduled to deliver 10 to 16" of snow starting in the evening.
    The delivery is only a little late by about 2 months.

Where should we go on May 7th ??

Well, are we ruling out April? This month doesn't look good right now. I want to ride...anywhere, anyplace, the sooner the better. We're getting a blizzard Tuesday. This will set back riding for me for two weeks. Not too happy!