Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
Has anyone done these routes? Which ones are the "must do" ride??? I will be in Maggie Valley the first week of July and have a bunch of routes planned but won't have time to do all these so I am looking for feedback on the must do ones.
thanks

http://www.appalachianbackroads.com/slideshow
Those routes are a long way from Maggie Valley. From Maggie I would much prefer the area to the south of Maggie and north of Cashiers and Lake Toxaway and East of Franklin in the Pisgah Forest. Great roads and not much in the way of tourist attractions so little traffic. Plenty of waterfalls in the area to look at. Be sure you run 215 from just East of Maggie south to Rosman. Bunch of back roads from 215 back toward Franklin and north of Highlands. 215 crosses the BRP also so a run in either direction is an easy experience on that wonderful road. Just to the North West is the highest point on the BRP. You can spend a couple of days and not get far from Maggie. The Cherokee area is choked with cars most of the time and the road over the mountain to the north side is wonderful but back to back cars often. Dollywood and all those special tourist areas are on that side.