Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
Those routes are a long way from Maggie Valley. From Maggie I would much prefer the area to the south of Maggie and north of Cashiers and Lake Toxaway and East of Franklin in the Pisgah Forest. Great roads and not much in the way of tourist attractions so little traffic. Plenty of waterfalls in the area to look at. Be sure you run 215 from just East of Maggie south to Rosman. Bunch of back roads from 215 back toward Franklin and north of Highlands. 215 crosses the BRP also so a run in either direction is an easy experience on that wonderful road. Just to the North West is the highest point on the BRP. You can spend a couple of days and not get far from Maggie. The Cherokee area is choked with cars most of the time and the road over the mountain to the north side is wonderful but back to back cars often. Dollywood and all those special tourist areas are on that side.
Thanks for the great info. The 215 and BRP is top of my list for sure. The Cherokee will be a maybe but I think I will spend my days lost on those 215 side roads and enjoy the ride.
We have 1360 mile ride to get there and plan 3 days to make it happen. Hopefully get to the start of the BRP just southwest of Washington the 3rd day and follow that to the back of the dragon http://backofthedragon.com/ then into Maggie Valley.
I find with this bike I can ride forever just need to stop for fuel but the other guys with me might see it differently. One on a Honda 1300ctx and the other a Yamaha 1800 stratoliner.