Best routes??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best routes???

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    I travel the BRP from Cherokee to Asheville often and have found 215 toward Canton and 276 toward Brevard, both from the top of the BRP to always be good rides with a few great waterfalls to see on the way down. Both of these roads are very close to each other on the BRP. Mile markers 412 & 423.
    http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/v.php?pg=827
    Perfect thanks. I just added them both to my GPS..route out and route back. I have heard that they re nice routes.

The routes so far

By popular choice here are my routes so far:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XL..._k&usp=sharing

Thanks for all the feedback much appreciated!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post

Looks great!
    Unfortunately, you're not getting down to the Chattahoochee and the Richard B Russell, Blood Mountain, and Wolf Den.
    Of course, that's the best reason to schedule another trip back!!!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Perfect thanks. I just added them both to my GPS..route out and route back. I have heard that they re nice routes.
    When you take 276 south toward Brevard from the BRP , at the bottom of the mountain you will be at a Ranger Station, and another mile up the road is a Walmart and other conveniences, plus National Campgrounds also if using them. A nice waterfall halfway down 276 to stop at. You can walk behind the falls flowing over you. Plus Sliding Rock falls on the same road if you want to go swimming.

That is some nice routes and some of my favs. You do know that from Balsam Grove to Looking Glass Falls on 278 that you have marked in black is mostly dirt right? I ride dirt roads sometimes myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    When you take 276 south toward Brevard from the BRP , at the bottom of the mountain you will be at a Ranger Station, and another mile up the road is a Walmart and other conveniences, plus National Campgrounds also if using them. A nice waterfall halfway down 276 to stop at. You can walk behind the falls flowing over you. Plus Sliding Rock falls on the same road if you want to go swimming.
    Sweet I just marked the swimming hole. That would be a nice break for a quick dip! I was in Pigeon Forge last summer for 3 weeks and man it was hot!!! I don't think the guys realize how hot it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    That is some nice routes and some of my favs. You do know that from Balsam Grove to Looking Glass Falls on 278 that you have marked in black is mostly dirt right? I ride dirt roads sometimes myself.
    Did not catch that thanks..probably skip down and use the 64..

Only a dirt road if you are taking shortcuts... the main routes you have marked are good paved roads. 215... 276... 64... are all excellent roads

Did not catch that thanks..probably skip down and use the 64..
    Yep the cut across is dirt. Down to 64 is the quickest way to get from 276 to 215 but not a fun road at all, just a well used highway. But if you look south just a bit you will find Wilson Rd, Island Ford Rd. and East Fork Road running almost parallel to 64 and a lot more curvy and less traffic. Even better if have the time is include Becky Mtn Rd and the lower part of East Fork Rd. Always more just a little farther and that holds true with just down the road from there is Ceasars Head. A fine elevation drop off the mountain, but it would be a backtrack for the return. If you find yourself on lower 215 twice take a look at a loop to ride Silversteen, Canada aka 281 and Charleys Creek roads. Much fun and not too far out of the way and come back to 215.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Yep the cut across is dirt. Down to 64 is the quickest way to get from 276 to 215 but not a fun road at all, just a well used highway. But if you look south just a bit you will find Wilson Rd, Island Ford Rd. and East Fork Road running almost parallel to 64 and a lot more curvy and less traffic. Even better if have the time is include Becky Mtn Rd and the lower part of East Fork Rd. Always more just a little farther and that holds true with just down the road from there is Ceasars Head. A fine elevation drop off the mountain, but it would be a backtrack for the return. If you find yourself on lower 215 twice take a look at a loop to ride Silversteen, Canada aka 281 and Charleys Creek roads. Much fun and not too far out of the way and come back to 215.
    Thanks for the info. I now extended that route to include the Caesars Head and East fork...i will put the 281 and Charleys creek on the wish list..if time permits.