Leaving in 2 weeks

Thread: Leaving in 2 weeks

Leaving in 2 weeks

So my appointment at Traxxion is coming up and was hoping for some help from our members here. After they finish with my bike I have 5 days to get back home to LongIsland Ny. Im looking for roads that i can punch into my gps and head there. My gps really hasnt let me down on the few long trips I've used the curvy rd feature, but i still need a destination punched in. Any info from you all would be very appreciated. Just leave a rt# and state its in. Thx,Joe. btw im rolling solo so i can go wherever whenever as long as im back at work on the 8th of may.

This map!

My friend,
    Buy this map:
    https://www.butlermaps.com/motorcycl...l-tn-nc-sc-ga/

And have a freaking blast!
    Traxxion is right at the launch point of some of the greatest riding EVER.
    Richard B Russell
    Cherohala Skyway
    Blood Mountain
    Warwoman Rd
    the 28
    and all the rest, including the Tail of the Dragon if you've not done it yet,
    and then take the Blue Ridge Parkway from Cherokee to mid-Virginia.

Have fun!
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Thanks 53 for the suggestions and yea ive been to the dragon and while i thought it was a great rd I know there are better less known about rds in the area. Like blowing rock rd. ect.

Quote Originally Posted by StonedInNy View Post
    Thanks 53 for the suggestions and yea ive been to the dragon and while i thought it was a great rd I know there are better less known about rds in the area. Like blowing rock rd. ect.
    Yes sir!
    And they're ALL on that map!
    Rig a GoPro and have fun!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Just wanted to update this thread. First of all after 2600+ miles i am completely amazed at what this machine is able to do.
    Comfort- Russell Day Long you have had me as a customer for a few bikes now and your work is amazing. After my fist day 986 miles i stopped at a hotel and wound up being more comfortable sitting outside on my bike than sitting on the couch in the room. Thanks Russell.
    Suspension- while the B isnt a bad machine in stock form it just wasn't as good i knew it could be. I was constantly grinding my pegs and not using all of the rear tire (chicken strips). After a visit to Traxxion Dynamics (which was a very good experience) i am no longer grinding pegs everywhere and the chicken strips are gone. The bike holds its line better while leaning over in turns no more pushing. While on I 81 truck wind wasnt pushing me all over the road and while the suspension is much stiffer now the bumps all feel smoother. Also the light front end feeling is gone while at highway speeds. Thanks Traxxion for the smile on my face.
    Roads- I know most of you have driven in the Great Smokie mountains. For all you southern folk that call them local roads Im very jealous. I hit all the roads 53 mentioned plus alot more I cant wait to go back next year

RDL, Traxxion, Smokey Mountains.
    It cannot get much better than that.

You coming to the Rally?
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

GaTeach
    Just wanted to update this thread. First of all after 2600+ miles i am completely amazed at what this machine is able to do.

Roads- I know most of you have driven in the Great Smokie mountains. For all you southern folk that call them local roads Im very jealous. I hit all the roads 53 mentioned plus alot more I cant wait to go back next year
    Yes. This is a magical place if you're a rider. There is nothing like it. Congrats on your upgrade.

So my appointment at Traxxion is coming up and was hoping for some help from our members here. After they finish with my bike I have 5 days to get back home to LongIsland Ny. Im looking for roads that i can punch into my gps and head there. My gps really hasnt let me down on the few long trips I've used the curvy rd feature, but i still need a destination punched in. Any info from you all would be very appreciated. Just leave a rt# and state its in. Thx,Joe. btw im rolling solo so i can go wherever whenever as long as im back at work on the 8th of may.
    Man I am glad that I don't have to pay the tolls just to get out from and back on to the island.

Adding a pic from the Dragon