2014...F6B Regional Rallies - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2014...F6B Regional Rallies

Ct to Franklin

I plan on attending the Franklin event in 2014.
    I'm setting aside a week's vacation to make the trip to NC. So hopefully, there will be some North East representatives down there in 2014.

I'm also planning a trip to Florida in February, although weather up here may make trailering the logical method of getting my bike there.
    I have plenty of vacation time, but my sweetheart isn't so lucky. I wonder if I could rent a full-Wing near the Keys for part of the second week in February....Hmmmm. Never rode one of those before.

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Rhode Island are all within a day's ride for me so I'd be open to any of those areas for a North East gathering, although I probably wouldn't go to Americade (but never say never).
    A North East gathering might even pull down some of the brothers and sisters from North of the border.
    I would imagine June or July would be nice in VT.

I'm not much of a traveler, at least I wasn't BEFORE I bought this bike. Now I'm talking about Florida in February, NC in late August, VT in mid summer (end of June, begining of July) and while I'm dreaming large, how about Arizona in say...mid to late May?

I suppose it would help to retire first (if that was only possible), but if I never dream about these adventures, it's not likely I'll ever experience any of them.

I hope all you guys know that in addition to the gizmo's and do-dads you recomend , and the experiences you post on this forum, you also allow people like me to expand our horizions and say... why not?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    But if I never dream about these adventures, it's not likely I'll ever experience any of them.

, you also allow people like me to expand our horizions and say... why not?

Thanks.

No truer words have ever been said on this forum. I salute you for your dreams, and invite you to expand on your horizons.

Rally ho...
    We really enjoyed the small size of the Franklin rally and will be back next year. We enjoyed talking to everyone but didn't get to spend enough time with anybody. This rally will grow and we hope to meet some new folks next year also. Usually we like to find out where all the bikers are going and then Not Go There. That's our thing but it's much like the company I work for, so good so long, then so big and so impersonal. Heck for us the City of Franklin was almost too much. It had "exits". We love the two lane roads and the two lane towns that go with them. Yeah, I am dreaming of other rallies in other places and once I retire again I hope to attend them where-ever they may be. I flunked retiring first time around but that ain't happening again. See you down the road friends...
    Side note on F6B: I've been hell bent on getting louder exhausts and all but the longer I ride this bike the quietness is growing on me. I may be fine and also a thousand bucks ahead. There's a rally for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Limbuck View Post
    Rally ho...
    We really enjoyed the small size of the Franklin rally and will be back next year.
    Hey, Limbuck, I'm with you on the smaller, more personal groups like we have with our F6B friends. BTW, I missed you down in Daytona but it sounds like we can meet up again in Franklin next year, if not before. Of course, as you found out first-hand, getting around these little groups of true enthusiasts will cost you big time. There are just so many ways to spend money on these big, beautiful, black (or red in your case) bikes it's downright scary. Oh yeah, we'll have you sportin' some aftermarket pipes before it's all over (as long as your lovely wife will go along with that )

Limbuck, unlike my colleague Ken, that cannot remember his own wife's name, I know that your wife...Mary...would not enjoy louder pipes. The quietness may be better for her. As for the Franklin rally for next year, I plan to do LESS riding during the days of the rally, and spend MORE time sitting around visiting with other folks that came to meet other forum members. Heck, I ride a fair distance to get there (mileage not stated) so I do not need to ride an additional 100 to 200 miles a day just to see the local countryside. I can get a glimpse of that when I leave at 1:00 am, and head on out to the next rally.

Seriouly, I think any of us that want to spend more time getting to know one another, and less time chasing after one another on local roads, should do that. I did offer on this last Franklin rally to take Mary, and Lynn, and any of the other wives and take them out to lunch and shopping, whilst you guys chased after one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Limbuck, unlike my colleague Ken, that cannot remember his own wife's name, I know that your wife...Mary...would not enjoy louder pipes. The quietness may be better for her.
    Hey, wait a minute! I remember that just as well as I remember that Limbuck is really Ricky. What about that??? Put that in your pipe and smoke it
    Now, if I could only remember my own wife's name