2014...F6B Regional Rallies - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014...F6B Regional Rallies

Only Me!

Yeah, I'll do the Highlands of Scotland rally Got the T-shirt already!

Attachment 2501
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

There are those of us out here who don't have the time to do 12 hour rides to rallies. We have jobs, families and responsibilities. So the idea of regional rallies is a good one. 6 to 8 hours max to ride to a regional rally is perfect. If it's a F6B rally or if we piggy back on some other rally doesn't make a difference. My vote is to piggy back on some other rally. I know in the Northeast there are plenty of smaller rallies.I'm sure the organizers of these rallies would be happy to have our support. Lets pick some rallies and make plans for 2014.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Member map

Do we have or could we get a map with the distribution of forum members so we could see where we have some concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Yeah, I'll do the Highlands of Scotland rally Got the T-shirt already!

Attachment 2501
    Haha. Great tee shirt. Come on over to Franklin next year and you'll make plenty of friends!

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Do we have or could we get a map with the distribution of forum members so we could see where we have some concentration?
    This is an EXCELLENT idea. Other forums I have been on have a member map. That helps us see where the concentration of members are in particular regions.

BTW, for the rider from NJ...we could piggy-back on to Americade in Lake George, NY. Lots of great places there. Usually the first weekend in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    This is an EXCELLENT idea. Other forums I have been on have a member map. That helps us see where the concentration of members are in particular regions.

BTW, for the rider from NJ...we could piggy-back on to Americade in Lake George, NY. Lots of great places there. Usually the first weekend in June.

Or Roar To The Shore Wildwood NJ its usually early Sept right after Labor Day.Whats better then beach,babes and bikes
    Ride it like you stole it

Cool Thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by contek View Post
    Haha. Great tee shirt. Come on over to Franklin next year and you'll make plenty of friends!
    If I can get my wife to agree I might just do that
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Yes I too would like such a map. Do they still make maps? lol Dickie

I will once again offer my services for the franklin rally, I would also like to suggest (borrowing this idea from the darkside ride in) that this coming year we offer ride options so that the attendees have a choice each day for the rides. I could provide paper maps and GPS files for those who want them. In other words, some self guided tours. This takes a lot of work and effort off the organizers and allows them to get in some fun riding too. This method works very well and you could even have morning and afternoon rides along with all day rides. There are so many good roads up there that are off the radar with amazing scenery too.

my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    I will once again offer my services for the franklin rally, I would also like to suggest (borrowing this idea from the darkside ride in) that this coming year we offer ride options so that the attendees have a choice each day for the rides. I could provide paper maps and GPS files for those who want them. In other words, some self guided tours. This takes a lot of work and effort off the organizers and allows them to get in some fun riding too. This method works very well and you could even have morning and afternoon rides along with all day rides. There are so many good roads up there that are off the radar with amazing scenery too.

my 2 cents
    +1 sounds cool!