2014...F6B Regional Rallies - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014...F6B Regional Rallies

Miles,
    IMHO Americade is a mess. Too many bikes, expensive hotels and crowded roads. I agree with Rich. Roar To The Shore in Wildwood, NJ is good. There is also the Killington Classic in Killington, VT. Great roads, good food and reasonable hotels. They run this rally in between seasons in VT so the roads are wide open.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

In the Northeast

I like the member map Idea. I still don't see many of our bike in my area (CT).
    The stories I hear from friends that go to Americade seem to tell me not to go. I really don't want to be with that many bikes unless I'm riding on the US Capital.
    I've already set aside vacation time for Franklin in 2014. I don't want to miss that, and it will probably be my longest ride EVER!
    NJ, VT or NY won't require excessive planning or vacation time for me and they do have beautiful riding. I still hope to make it to Mt. Washington before this year's riding season is done, but that's ending quickly here.
    One suggestion I have is to have a rally when the season is the best and worst in other areas. Like Florida or Arizona when the northeast is cold and snowy (January to April). In the northeast when the south and midwest are brutally hot (July or August). You get the Idea.
    I could see me loading the bike onto the trailer in the middle of a Northeast blizzard in February and heading to Florida for a 10 day trip.

member map

Just a thought, use the VIN list to start the members map. I know all members/visitors have not entered their VIN. I know of 6 F6B's in Mississippi and only 4 are members of the forum. I have encouraged them to join.

Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    Miles,
    IMHO Americade is a mess. Too many bikes, expensive hotels and crowded roads. I agree with Rich. Roar To The Shore in Wildwood, NJ is good. There is also the Killington Classic in Killington, VT. Great roads, good food and reasonable hotels. They run this rally in between seasons in VT so the roads are wide open.

I hear your point about Americade. I have been there 4 times for that event, and worked it as a volunteer staff member 2 of those times.

Okay, then my vote would be for the Killington Classic. I used to live in St. Johnsbury, VT, and love the area. I would NOT go to the Roar to the Shore in NJ, as I do not like riding in NJ anymore than I have to, and it would also be crowded with people other than bike riders. I think WE get the best bang for our buck at the Killington Classic., in VERMONT.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    I hear your point about Americade. I have been there 4 times for that event, and worked it as a volunteer staff member 2 of those times.

Okay, then my vote would be for the Killington Classic. I used to live in St. Johnsbury, VT, and love the area. I would NOT go to the Roar to the Shore in NJ, as I do not like riding in NJ anymore than I have to, and it would also be crowded with people other than bike riders. I think WE get the best bang for our buck at the Killington Classic., in VERMONT.

Went to Roar To The Shore a few weeks ago and way more bikes and riders then people just being there hanging out.Plus you have to remember if you own or rent a house in Wildwood you are not going to be there that weekend as it is to noisy for most people if you are not a biker Vacations are over and kids are getting ready to back to school the weekend they usually have it on.
    Ride it like you stole it

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTER REE View Post
    Just a thought, use the VIN list to start the members map. I know all members/visitors have not entered their VIN. I know of 6 F6B's in Mississippi and only 4 are members of the forum. I have encouraged them to join.
    Approx 12 on Vin list in CA
    Approx 7 on Vin list in TX

Miles,
    I just shot an e-mail to the Killington Classic contact to check on details for 2014. I would be willing to help organize the event. Let me see what response I get.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Miles, the Killington Classic is August 28 - 31 in 2014. PM me if you want to pursue this venue for a Northeast rally.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    Miles, the Killington Classic is August 28 - 31 in 2014. PM me if you want to pursue this venue for a Northeast rally.
    Oh, DARN !!!!! We have an F6B rally conflict. The F6B gathering in Franklin, NC is also scheduled for August 28th to Sept. 1.

I really want to go to both gatherings, but my first committment would be to the one in Franklin, as...someone needs to volunteer to follow Big Dawg, to keep all the flies off his butt when he is riding so slow.

If the Southeast gets blown up before that time, I can ride to Vermont instead. But it might be safer to "try" to find another date.

Having said that, please keep in mind that you Yankees in the Northeast need to make your own rally plans, and do not fret about those Rebels in the South.

There were a couple riders that came from Maryland to Franklin, but I don't think there was anyone from farther North that came, other than myself.
    I say, plan your event around the riders in your area, and it the event ends up being on the same date, then so be it. It would be nice if it was a different date, so that people from around the USA and Canada could attend both Franklin and Killington...on different dates, but we cannot always have our cake and eat it too.

Maybe...the weekend before or after the event in Franklin, so that us riders that are willing...can ride to both events, in a row, on the same trip.

I'll have to look into other rallies. No point in having them the same weekend. Does anyone in the Northeast have other suggestions? Rich had mentioned the Roar To The Shore in Wildwood, NJ. The only issue there is there are no really good roads to ride around Wildwood.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado