Gettysburg, Pa. Park & tour.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gettysburg, Pa. Park & tour.

Gettysburg, Pa. Park & tour.

Awhile back there was some interest in visiting the Gettysburg National park.

Is that interest still there? https://www.nps.gov/gett/

Who's interested? When would you like to go? Should it be a planned one day or two day ride. Should it be a pick up ride? Meeting at various places along the road, but keeping to a tight schedule.
    It's a 3+ hour ride south from my starting point in Mt. Pocono, Pa. Others may come from other directions and meet at various locations leading to and finally meeting up in Gettysburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Awhile back there was some interest in visiting the Gettysburg National park.

Is that interest still there? https://www.nps.gov/gett/

Who's interested? When would you like to go? Should it be a planned one day or two day ride. Should it be a pick up ride? Meeting at various places along the road, but keeping to a tight schedule.
    It's a 3+ hour ride south from my starting point in Mt. Pocono, Pa. Others may come from other directions and meet at various locations leading to and finally meeting up in Gettysburg.
    This is a tough one for me. It's really a three day deal. 2 days of travel and say either Saturday or Sunday there. Makes more sense to arrive one, visit one, leave one. Even at that, we'd have to leave early am. I don't mind a vacation day, Friday or Monday, then use Saturday and Sunday. I have June 5th as a tentative vacation day for a Pre Americade ride, if that's still on the agenda. I'll try to make it work.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

If your going to do Gettysburg, you may as well just ride a little farther and do Antietam as well. really nice, preserved battlefield. I went there last year.

https://www.nps.gov/anti/index.htm

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    This is a tough one for me. It's really a three day deal. 2 days of travel and say either Saturday or Sunday there. Makes more sense to arrive one, visit one, leave one. Even at that, we'd have to leave early am. I don't mind a vacation day, Friday or Monday, then use Saturday and Sunday. I have June 5th as a tentative vacation day for a Pre Americade ride, if that's still on the agenda. I'll try to make it work.
    Or you could leave right after work and be in my area before 10 pm. Then catch a good nights sleep and be ready to go by 7 am. That would put you in Gettysburg by 10 am giving you 5 hours to tour before heading back to the hotel for dinner at 6:30 pm. Notice I added an extra half hour to the ride time to "P".
    The next day you could sleep, relax, or ride. All in less then 2 full days you could be home in your own bed. Then you could wake up and be ready to get back to "WORK"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Or you could leave right after work and be in my area before 10 pm. Then catch a good nights sleep and be ready to go by 7 am. That would put you in Gettysburg by 10 am giving you 5 hours to tour before heading back to the hotel for dinner at 6:30 pm. Notice I added an extra half hour to the ride time to "P".
    The next day you could sleep, relax, or ride. All in less then 2 full days you could be home in your own bed. Then you could wake up and be ready to get back to "WORK"
    That works for me too! Let's get some other input, and see what happens.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

It's a 1/2 hour ride for me, Just let me know what dates you all are planning. The last week in May and 1st week in June I'll be tied up between work and the Mid Atlantic Air Museum on Reading, if anyone interested they have a WW2 Weekend June 2,3 and 4, lots of reenacting and Air shows. I started volunteering in the restoration shop and will be working at the WW2 weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by tpwood View Post
    It's a 1/2 hour ride for me, Just let me know what dates you all are planning. The last week in May and 1st week in June I'll be tied up between work and the Mid Atlantic Air Museum on Reading, if anyone interested they have a WW2 Weekend June 2,3 and 4, lots of reenacting and Air shows. I started volunteering in the restoration shop and will be working at the WW2 weekend.
    I will DEFINITELY do that again, if I'm still in the country.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Will there be pie involved?

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I will DEFINITELY do that again, if I'm still in the country.
    https://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by f6bdan View Post
    Will there be pie involved?
    All you have to do is stop at the Lincoln dinner for good pie my friend.