Must Have Mods ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Must Have Mods ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    Windshield, belly pan, throttle lock, drivers back rest, grip covers, highway peg, car tire, and Cobra 6 into 6 pipes! I would love a NOS kit!
    Why the car tire? I must be missing something. Is there something wrong with Motorcycle tires? Been riding 45 years and have never heard of a car tire on a motorcycle until I purchased this F6B.

Dickie

Choice

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Why the car tire? I must be missing something. Is there something wrong with Motorcycle tires? Been riding 45 years and have never heard of a car tire on a motorcycle until I purchased this F6B.

Dickie
    I guess every one has their own list. When I think "Must Have" I think of those things that the bike is so lacking they "Must" be done. As far as I'm concerned the F6B hit pretty close to the mark as delivered. I even like the stock windscreen. Yes I have done plenty of mods but "must have" certainly not a car tire. The stock tire lasts a long time and handles great. A car tire may give you ride quality and longevity that you prefer but it is not a "Must Have" just another personal choice. Like my Russell seat or Rivco highway pegs just personal choice not must have. I could easily ride this bike without them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    I guess every one has their own list. When I think "Must Have" I think of those things that the bike is so lacking they "Must" be done. As far as I'm concerned the F6B hit pretty close to the mark as delivered. I even like the stock windscreen. Yes I have done plenty of mods but "must have" certainly not a car tire. The stock tire lasts a long time and handles great. A car tire may give you ride quality and longevity that you prefer but it is not a "Must Have" just another personal choice. Like my Russell seat or Rivco highway pegs just personal choice not must have. I could easily ride this bike without them.
    +1 Dickie

I don't think cobra 6 by 6 are or NOS kit or driver back rest & Corbin seat are
    But all u mentioned was a car tire. Why ?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Gotta love 3-handed conversations! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    I don't think cobra 6 by 6 are or NOS kit or driver back rest & Corbin seat are
    But all u mentioned was a car tire. Why ?
    I kinda like The NOS. I can't ride a bike very long without a driver back rest.The car tire just seems odd to me. I'd kinda like someone to explain to me the advantages of the car tire. I'd like to know why people do it? I like to drag the pegs a lot so I'm not sure a car tire would be good or safe for that. Not knocking it, To each his own.
    I like the Rush Racing Pipes Myself. Dickie

When u ride up towards hudson fl. maybe we can meet I we'll let u try my car tire it's been 120 mph it stops fast when using the rear brake
    Larry came in from California he road it over a100 miles never knew there was a Car tire on the bike

Belly pan as insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    As was already explained, the belly pan can be installed with bike on the centerstand. It does not interfere with the centerstand.

My comment will deal with handling issues. I cannot comment on HIGH speed handling improvement, as riding at 120+ mph you tend to keep your eyes and mind on the road...and not on whether your belly pan has improved the handling of the bike at those speeds. However...the belly pan DOES in fact improve the handling of the bike when dealing with strong cross winds. Ride the bike going east to west, or west to east, on Interstate 90 through South Dakota, and when the cross winds want to keep you riding at a 45 degree angle all day, the belly pan alleviates that lean angle, and allows you to be at a (approximately) 13.14159 degree angle.

The fact is that the belly pan allows the bike to cut through cross winds much better than the same bike without the belly pan. Lean angle is reduced by 66.314159 %.

For me, the primary reason for using a belly pan is the protection of the underside of my engine cases. In 2003 I set off to ride the most miles in 30 days...30,681 miles...and did it in May, 2003. About 15 minutes before leaving Everett Powersports, in Everett, WA. I bought and installed a new belly pan for my '03 Wing. At the end of that 30 day time period, my bike was okay, but the new belly pan had a hole punched into it, and through it, about the side of a quarter. There was no damage to the engine case, but...just imagine if that belly pan had not been there.
    Thanks, Miles. You convinced me that it is worth the money and the crawl under my bike to install a belly pan. My Porsche has essentially the same thing but the geeks in Germany say it's to decrease drag and make the car handle better and go faster. I am into doing that for my F6B which is so much more fun to drive.