It's coming to an END!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's coming to an END!!!

Chicago has 307 riding days per year

According to Aerostich Chicago has 307 ridable days per year. I do enjoy South Carolina and 365 day riding but I changed my whole life, left family, friends and a job to move here 18 years ago from Minnesota. Even in MN I rode a minimum of 15,000 miles a year (without trips) from March 15 to Christmas. You have to ride home from work in the snow and ice every once in a while but the ride TOO work was worth it! That being said I am not moving back and I do feel your pain LOL!

Ditto!

Aerostich considers any day without an erupting volcano, tsunami, encroaching glacier or direct hit by an asteroid a viable day of riding. Being a Minnesotan and living not far from Duluth, I say go for it! At least until the salt on the roads leaves just the rubber parts from my bikes in a heap on the shop floor.

Good Advice

[QUOTE=gray rider;11910]Aerostich considers any day without an erupting volcano, tsunami, encroaching glacier or direct hit by an asteroid a viable day of riding. QUOTE]

Sounds about right!
    And according to Aerostich Duluth has 238 riding days per year. (that is pushing it) I have been on the hills in the winter. I used to sell alot of brakes and clutches in that town!

I moved from Colorado 25 years ago for one reason. SNOW. I raced Motocross and going sometimes a month without being able to hit the track really blew, I was lucky enough to transfer with the same Company I still work for and a funny thing happened after a January vacation drive thru Phoenix, when I got back from that trip I put in my transfer and that was the end of it, now I ride street and for the next 6 months will be enjoying every minute of it. Sorry all you 3 season riders....I enjoy riding in all 4

Quote Originally Posted by fsixb_AZ View Post
    I moved from Colorado 25 years ago for one reason. SNOW. I raced Motocross and going sometimes a month without being able to hit the track really blew, I was lucky enough to transfer with the same Company I still work for and a funny thing happened after a January vacation drive thru Phoenix, when I got back from that trip I put in my transfer and that was the end of it, now I ride street and for the next 6 months will be enjoying every minute of it. Sorry all you 3 season riders....I enjoy riding in all 4
    If you think Aerostich criteria is too broad they claim only 214 riding days for Phoenix (due to heat considerations). 269 for Denver.
    Scott, maybe you moved for the wrong reason? Not!

I live 3hrs south of Chi town but if there aint snow or ice on the road I strap
    on the cold weather gear and off I go, usually a little shorter ride but a little ride
    Is better than no ride!

Sell your car/truck

Quote Originally Posted by HogSlayer View Post
    I live 3hrs south of Chi town but if there aint snow or ice on the road I strap
    on the cold weather gear and off I go, usually a little shorter ride but a little ride
    Is better than no ride!
    You would be surprised how much more you ride if it is your only transportation. Jus-sayin. We had the remnants of tropical storm Karen come through this morning/day and I didn't have to contemplate hmmm take the truck or F6B. My only choice is bike and with the help of my trusty Roadcrafter suit made it unscathed. Thank goodness no lightning, just wind and rain.

I hear ya

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    You would be surprised how much more you ride if it is your only transportation. Jus-sayin. We had the remnants of tropical storm Karen come through this morning/day and I didn't have to contemplate hmmm take the truck or F6B. My only choice is bike and with the help of my trusty Roadcrafter suit made it unscathed. Thank goodness no lightning, just wind and rain.
    When I came out of the desert in 91 I stationed at Patrick afb and i had no vehicle first I bought was a kz900 and got caught in tropical storm on A1A highway, use to fly that kz down to the Keys all the time

[QUOTE=gray rider;11910]Aerostich considers any day without an erupting volcano, tsunami, encroaching glacier or direct hit by an asteroid a viable day of riding. Being a Minnesotan and living not far from Duluth, I say go for it! At least until the salt on the roads leaves just the rubber parts from my bikes in a heap on the shop floor.[/QUOTE

Miles do you think aerostitch count lightning strikes too?

Quote Originally Posted by goldtahoe View Post
    Yes folks .. I'm jealous ... all of you year around riders ... go F' off .. lol. Here in Chicago ... it's about over after another 2 to 3 weeks ... and I don't know how i'm going to cope ... maybe I'll go invest in a snow mobile!!! Put my F6B badges on it and roll out ...
    I'm in mount prospect and I don't plan on putting her away until the salt hits the ground.

Pm me lets get a chi town fb6 crew going.